Books!

     This week, as one reader to another, I'd like to share some of my favorite reads from the last year or so. Some of them are not as new as others, but they are all books that I enjoyed and recommend.

First, some nonfiction . . .
     Jump! by Steve Harvey. This book is really small. I mean super small. It is based on a speech he gave to his audience after taping one of his shows. The video went viral. In the book, Steve talks about chasing your dreams and gives examples from his own life experience. It is a motivational and inspiring read. If you don't read often but are looking for something uplifting, then this book is for you!

     The Magnolia Story by Chip and Joanna Gaines & Capital Gaines by Chip Gaines. Both of these books are really great. In The Magnolia Story, Chip and Joanna discuss how they got to be where they are. Capital Gaines is more from Chip's perspective. You get to hear more about him personally and his journey. He also shares his own life lessons, which are both humorous and encouraging (but everything Chip does is humorous, right?).

Now for some YA . . .
     For Love and Honor by Jody Hedlund. A beautiful story set in the Middle Ages about a young woman with a skin blemish. In order to keep from being accused of witchcraft, the young woman must wear gloves at all times to hide the large birthmark on her arm. Enter a young man with a love for art and who can see beauty where others cannot. I smell romance!

     The Huntress of Thornbeck Forest by Melanie Dickerson. I love Melanie. I love her Hagenheim series. It was only recently, that I decided to give her Thornbeck series a try. Boy, was I impressed! Small confession: I may like this short series better than the other!!

     The Storm Siren series by Mary Weber. For those of you who already know me, you've probably seen me gush more than once on Facebook about these books. Well I'm about to do it again. This is a fantasy series and not something I would normally read. That being said, I read this entire three book series in less than two weeks! Then I bought it and read it again. This lovely series is about a girl who is a slave. Due to her inability to control her storm-summoning powers, she has inadvertently harmed others multiple times over the years. After being sold to her umpteenth owner, she meets Eogan, a dark and mysterious man who is tasked with training her to control her powers-and to use them as a weapon.
     Nym must confront who and what she is and learn how to open her heart in ways she never thought possible. This is a lovely story about compassion, friendship, love, and learning to accept oneself. I highly, highly recommend!!! Okay, gushing over.

I hope you've found something here that interests you, friends!!

If not, then happy book hunting. There's always a great story out there waiting to be found.

Love and blessings,
J 💙

Comments

Popular Posts