Kindness

     Recently, I have been struck by the number of people who seem to be going through something. My heart goes out to them knowing that there is need of healing, peace, direction, and provision in their lives. Some of these people I know personally. Some I know more through social media. I always try to whisper a prayer for them when I see their posts and when I think of them. But there just seems to be so many people in trying situations right now.
     A couple of weeks ago, I approached one of these lovely couples to hug them and to let them know I was praying for them. The man asked me (with a smile on his face!) how things were coming along for me. I was floored. What kindness! What grace!
9 Notes on Kindness :: Serene Bohemian
     I don't know about you but I find it is so much easier to focus on my own problems. It is easier to brush off someone's unkind treatment and attribute it to their just being a jerk. I came across a quote the other day that I've heard before. "Hurting people, hurt others." And it's true. Yes, there are people in the world who are rude simply because they are genuinely mean people. Occassionally though people lash out or speak unkindly because they are in pain. 
     Now I'm not giving these people an excuse. We all make choices. However in light of the season, a season of forgiveness, grace, and undeserved kindness on the part of the Savior, maybe we should be reminded to give a little grace too. 
I love Jesus!❤
     I was reminded of this when the truck driver stopped so I could pull out of the gas station. I was reminded when a friend broke down in tears and I hugged her because she's just so overwhelmed. I've been reminded a lot in the last week or so, that sometimes, I could be kinder.
     I could smile at the busy cashier. I could ask my friend how things are going in their life and genuinely listen. I could respond to my husband in a less biting tone (let's be honest, he's had a long day too). 
     It's just so easy in the regular course of life, especially when things are going well, to forget that others might need a little extra grace. I sure do!
every painted sky a canvas of your grace - so will i (hillsong united)
     I'm thankful today for God's grace. I'm thankful for my friends and family. And I'm thankful that I can choose to be a little better each day. Let's make it our intention to not jump to conclusions when it comes to others but see them with the Lord's eyes. 

Have a blessed Easter!

Love always,
J💚

Comments

Popular Posts