Fruit and Other Things

Fruit

John 15:16 
You have not chosen Me, but I have chosen you and I have appointed and placed and purposefully planted you, so that you would go and bear fruit and keep on bearing, and that your fruit will remain and be lasting, so that whatever you ask of the Father in My name [as My representative] He may give to you. (AMP)


Friends, let me pose a couple of questions . . . 

*  Think about the things that are filling your mind, heart, life, and time. Are they drawing you to Jesus? Or are they draining the life from you?

*  What are you doing to feed and rejuvenate your heart, soul, mind, and body?

*  Are you taking time to practice self/soul care?

*  Is there anything you need to step back or away from to be a better, more sane version of yourself?


". . . bear fruit and keep on bearing, and that your fruit will remain and be lasting . . ."

     We are called to grow, to bear fruit, fruit that will last. If we think of ourselves as plants, we understand that we need nourishment and proper care to grow. 
     Sometimes this comes in the form of pruning--snipping unnecessary things from our lives. 
     Occasionally, we need transplanting. The spot we are in is no longer beneficial, or there is a better place for us. 
    We need light--illuminating truth and warmth. 
    We need nourishment, something we can sink our roots deep in to draw from. This is our relationship with Jesus, His Word, others in our lives, and generally anything that brings us to a better, deeper place. 
     We need water. Like plants, we can get dry and brittle. We need the cleansing and refreshing water of prayer and the Spirit. We need healthy breaks and moments to reflect. We need the occasional oasis.


     In the midst of my busy week, I've been reminded a number of times that it's okay to take a break. It's good to step back, breathe, and refocus. Some days we are strong mighty oaks, other times we are tender shoots that need extra care. Remember to be kind to yourself and let the divine Gardener do His work of bringing fruit that will last.

Other things . . . 

This week I'm reading:
Siren's Fury by Mary Weber
"Siren's Fury" by Mary Weber (Storm Siren series). Technically, I'm rereading this. <3


Book I'm waiting on:
Reclaiming Shilo Snow by Mary Weber I Book Review
"Reclaiming Shilo Snow"
The second book in Mary's Sofi Snow series. Where are you UPS man???


Books I can't wait to read:

"To Best the Boys" by Mary Weber (Can you tell I'm a fan?)
"Coral" by Sara Ella
"The Orphan's Wish" by Melanie Dickerson
"The Blood Spell" by C.J. Redwine

**Three of these are fairy tale retellings. "Coral" = The Little Mermaid, "The Orphan's Wish" = Aladdin, and "The Blood Spell" = Cinderella


     In other news, I am again working on edits for "A Desperate Love." Lord willing, we will get her polished and pretty and out to you soon! (Likely this fall.)
P.S. I love this pic because it reminds me of Lady Olivia. I also love that it just so happens to be THE Lana Parilla, who played (past tense, *cries*) the evil queen on "Once Upon a Time." Isn't nice when things work out?

Love ya,
J💜

Comments

Popular Posts