Sofi Snow series


Any of you that have followed me for long know that I'm a huge Mary Weber fan!

I can never get enough of the Storm Siren trilogy, its imaginative fantasy world, and the heart-capturing characters. In fact, I am close to finishing the second book for the third time.

Top Ten Quotes From Books I Read In The Past Year on www.willbakeforbooks.com! | Storm Siren by Mary Weber

     I recently finished "Reclaiming Shilo Snow," the second book in the Sofi Snow duology. And while I don't normally read Science Fiction, I do like the occasional Sci-Fy book or movie (i.e. "Independence Day," "Men In Black," and "Jurassic Park" to name a few). 
     *Side note: These books are what I like to call "gritty". I love a little grit! Mary does an excellent job of balancing heavy topics with heart and hope. However, if you have younger teens, you might want to explore the book further before reading.   
    Sofi Snow and her brother Shilo are gamers in what's known as the "Fan Fights," a virtual game that's watched across the globe. While her brother competes in the arena, Sofi and their team handle the tech side--until a bomb explodes in the stadium. Shilo is believed dead and Sofi is blamed. Convinced that her brother is alive, Sofi turns to her former boyfriend Miguel for help.

     Miguel is an ambassador to the planet Delon and has a reputation for being friendly with the ladies. Sofi believes he hasn't changed, not knowing that their relationship and subsequent breakup have caused him to rethink himself and his choices. Not only that, but Miguel is on a mission to uncover the truth about what the Delonese are really up to. And when aliens are involved, anything can happen!   

"Maybe saving the world was simply showing love and mercy to others."
--Reclaiming Shilo Snow
     
     This book touches on so much: absent parents, forgiveness, friendship, romance, and what it means to be human. Add to that gaming, computer hacking, aliens, and swoon worthiness (I mean, Miguel is just muy guapo, si?), and you've got yourself a series you won't be able to put down.

     Highly recommend! 😉

     Seriously though, I would recommend anything she rights. I always close the book wanting more, believing that the world can be better, that I can be better. 

     Look for her new book, "To Best the Boys," March 2019. 💚

Love,
Jessica

Comments

Popular Posts