"Unbreakable"

     Happy Friday, friends! I'm sitting here eating cookies, because cookies are life. I also can't focus on writing if I'm hangry or coffeeless. Thus, cookies! Nuff said.

*Nuff said: there is no need to say more. (Thank you, Google. You have made my Friday!🤣)

     
     Now to the book I've most recently read. "Unbreakable" by Sara Ella, the third book in the Unblemished Series. Friieenndddsss. If you are a fan of Once Upon a Time, you are going to want to check this out!


     Eliyana's story starts in our world, shortly after the death of her mother. It doesn't take long for El's world to get all kinds of crazy. I will warn you that there is a lot to process in the first book. There are a host of characters, other Reflections (worlds, so to speak), Callings (or giftings/abilities), and the like. Eliyana doesn't know what is happening or who she can trust. As a reader, I felt the same. Who is this? What do they want? But hang in there, because it is totally worth the ride!
     
     This YA Fantasy series focuses on things such as compassion, love (cue the Infinity Kiss!😘), and sacrifice for the greater good in the battle of good versus evil (or Verity versus Void).

"There's always a choice."

     This series is full twisty-turvy goodness. I loved seeing all of the character development, and not just with El, but with a number of the characters.

     Friends, I could say so much but . . . spoilers, spoilers. I don't want to ruin anything.

     Music, movie references (even a Once Upon a Time reference, and oh, my Oncer heart!), a love triangle (#teamky!).


"Perhaps the victory lies in overcoming the battles we face each day. In a sense, we each destroy the Void every time we choose the light."

     Helpful hints: There are maps in the front of the books that show you each Reflection. In the third book, there is a family tree in the back. I failed to see it until I'd finished the book. Oops. 😕

     I found this series swoony and sweet and heartbreakingly beautiful (especially in the final book). Mostly I am just totally smitten with this page-turner that reminds us that each one of us is beautiful in our own way, and sometimes there's deeper beauty we miss in others. If someone could make this into a movie now. Anyone? Please!

     Keep an eye out for Sara Ella's upcoming Little Mermaid retelling,"Coral" , coming out next year!!!



And . . . 

"A Desperate Love" is coming out September 18! Yay!! 

Perfect Storm        _  Marynistyka.org, ⛵ Marynistyka.pl, ⚓ Marynistyka.waw.pl  Sklep.marynistyka.org ⚓

Who's ready for adventure on the high seas?


Love,
J <3





     


Comments

Popular Posts