Five Days!

Five days until the release of A Desperate Love!


I'm just over here thinking piratey-pillagey things.



I finally got my box of author copies yesterday. Eep!! The darling hubs met me at the door with said box. He's such a gem. 💚

It's surreal holding a book in my hand that I wrote. It's like I'm giving ya'll a peek into my brain. 😕 So weird.


🕮


This week, I'm reading The Story Peddler by Lindsay A. Franklin.


I'm about two-thirds of the way through it. It's the first book in The Weaver Trilogy. I'm really enjoying it. Right now I need to know what happened to Brac! Is he the one who got lashed? Was it Riwor?

Ugh! "You're killing me, Smalls." (For you youngins, please refer to the baseball classic The Sandlot. I'm sure it's on DVD somewhere as it is awesome.)


My favorite line in this book so far is:
"Heat swallowed me like I'd fallen into a fire. Except the fire was inside my face."

I laughed so hard! I aspire to this level of writing.


🕮



It should be noted that, as pretty as this mask is, it was stuck to my face. Apparently there was glue below the eye slits on the underneath side. Ouch!

The things I've went through for this book.


How about one more quote before the release? Yay!

"What? I didn't agree to that!"
"Calm yourself," Odo said coming back to her.

This is one of my favorite lines: Calm yourself.

Pirates gonna pirate, I guess.


🕮


Welp, that's it for now folks. I can't wait for you to get my story in your hands and start digging into it.

I'd love to hear from you about it!


Have blessed week!!
--J


Comments

Popular Posts