Hangry

I was standing in my kitchen earlier this week and had to ask myself, "Am I spiritually hangry?" You know what I mean when I say hangry, right? That moment when you're unnecessarily grouchy because you need to eat.

I was realizing that, man, was I ever being a grouchy jerk. The thought struck me that all my talking with God over the course of the past few days had not remedied said problem. I have to wonder if God was pointing at His Word during my grumpiness going, "Jess, eat a sandwich."

So, I read my devotional this morning, bleary-eyed as I was, and I ate two granola bars (don't judge me). And I feel pretty good. Now for coffee!


📖


I finally finished Waking Beauty.


I think this book was 467 pages. It was long. Really long. This is a fairy tale retelling with a Christian twist. The character known as "The Prince" (AKA Jesus) was worth getting to at the very end. He is beautifully written. There's also a battle in the midst of him finally being revealed, and wowzas, so many truth nuggets!

There is a lot of witty humor in this book. I would love to meet Sarah in real life. I bet she's a blast.

To sum up, this book is worth the read. Just make sure you're ready for the time commitment required.


(Sorry, I had to share this one too.)


📖


My favorite quote of the week comes from a family member who posted it on Facebook. I don't know the original source, but it is:
She's brave, but she's exhausted.

Sometimes, there are days. Take a little time for yourself to breathe, to just be, to refocus.

It's important to be brave, but don't neglect yourself in the process. The world needs you in all your awesomeness.


📖


You can now follow me on Instagram @jessicamccartyauthor.

You'll find things like this . . .



Hopefully, I will get better at bookish photos. I'm trying to follow as many people as I can who are way better than me at it.

I'm thinking about checking out photography books to learn more (nerdy girl that I am). Thoughts?


📖


I guess that's about it for this week. It's become very abruptly Fall, prompting me to pull out my fleece lined leggings today.

Next on the Autumn to-do list: make leaf cookies. 😋 



Have a great week y'all!

Blessings,
J 💙



Comments

Popular Posts