Weird Dreams

Last night, I had a strange dream. My husband and I are big fans of investigative dramas. NCIS, SVU, CSI, Matlock, Aurora Teagarden, and Garage Sale Mysteries. Couple that with a number of weird nonfiction books I handled the day before and you get this (reposted from my Facebook):


*Que dark room filled with cops (you are also a cop).

Random cop: *Picks up bloody hides in taxidermy room.*
They've been using [insert 3 scientific words] in the hides. (These are illegal drugs.)


Another cop: Don't touch anything! Everybody out, now!

*You all start running. There's gunfire sounds, but no bad guys appear and you don't see anyone shooting.
(You're confused, but assume they're sound effects to scare the villains off.)

Olivia Benson, SVU: What are you all doing? Somebody get a cart!

*Oh right, evidence. Duh.*

*Someone gets a cart.*

To clarify, I think my book cart was the evidence cart. Some of the books from yesterday were on drugs and taxidermy. My brain put it all together in an odd fashion. I was a little disappointed that Lieutenant Benson seemed like such a bossy pants in my dream. I mean, it was cool she showed up but she could've been a little nicer, right? Oh well.


*


Quote of the Week:

"I am not afraid. I was born to do this."
--Joan of Arc



Building from that, I've heard/read a few things this week carrying a similar message. It has been a sweet reminder of 'who I am and whose I am,' as they say. It has been a message that tells me I am loved by a Father, that I am His daughter, and all He has is for me. He is a King and I am His princess. He is the Groom and we are His bride. This is the viewpoint we should pray from as beloved children and heirs. We are no longer enslaved. We are not fatherless. We are treasured and blessed beyond measure.

🌲Remember this Christmas season, dear one, that He came as a baby to save us all.🌲


*


Speaking of Christmas . . .

You still have a few days to get in on my Instagram giveaway! Feel free to post for each daily prompt, even the ones from earlier in the week, to increase your chance of winning.



The prizes would make great stocking stuffers!


Winner to be announced Monday, December 3.


*


Y'all, how are you doing with your reading this year? I know a couple of friends who do Goodreads challenges. I have no desire to do this. It feels like too much pressure. Reading is supposed to be fun. I don't need that kind of negativity in my life.😉
I do keep track of what I'm reading. When I finish Hope Never Dies I will be at thirty books for the year!
This counts books I've read twice. My plan is to make my last blog of this year about all the books I've read.
And so far, for next year, I have nineteen books on my "Want to Read" list for Goodreads. Nineteen! Who does that? Me, apparently.
We'll see if I get to them all.


Happy weekend, friends!
J<3



Comments

Popular Posts