1/17/18

We are already halfway through January. Can you believe it? How are those reading goals coming along? Have any of you settled on a word for the year?

I have never picked a word for the year before, but for 2019, I've chosen 'courage.'

Courage, dear heart.
--C. S. Lewis

I'll be sharing something to inspire courage every Monday on my social media this year (#mondaycourage).



*



As far as reading goals are concerned, I'm a couple chapters into Rosemarked by Livia Blackburne. I'm reading this for an online book club. This is my fourth book for the year if you count Amish Vampires in Space, which I totally am since I finished it in 2019.

The last book I read was The Wicked King by Holly Black, the second book in the Folk of the Air series.

   

I gobbled this book up!

The series is set mostly in Faerieland (with the occasional trip to our world) and leans heavily on the traditional/mythological fairy stories. This is not your cheery fairy godmother sent to pretty you up for the ball.

In Faerie the people cannot lie. That doesn't mean they aren't deceptive. They make deals with cleverly worded phrases. One must be careful, especially a mortal like Jude.

I'm giving it four and a half stars with a PG-13 rating. While the series is deliciously good, there is a level of violence, the random swear word, and the like. Not to mention the not-so-healthy relationship Jude has with her guy Cardan.

The third and last book in The Folk of the Air series, The Queen of Nothing, comes out in 2020.


*



Song I'm Currently Listening To:

Elements by TobyMac

I got spirit, I got faith
I might bend but I won't break . . .

And Imma gonna go down swinging, if I go down

Considering winter has finally arrived here, I think this song is appropriate.


We're supposed to get snow again this weekend and another drop in temperatures. Hopefully the cold won't hang on too long. We've been sort of spoiled with a mild season up until now.


Stay warm wherever you are this week, friends!

Love, J <3



*****Available on Amazon!*****


Comments

Popular Posts