Happy New Year!

Hello, friends!
How are those New Year's resolutions coming? I didn't make any resolutions, per say, but I did make a vision board, a first for me.


I love the pink and gold "girl boss." So, of course, it went front and center.

Aside from focusing on my writing goals, I'm getting back to regular workouts and healthy eating. I got a little derailed over the holidays (as most of us do).

I've been more consistent with my devotional time. This is something I've tried to draw into my writing a bit. And, would you believe it, I had a great idea before I even sat down at the desk today?
Yes!
Feels so great to get inspiration when I've deleted and rewritten the last half of a chapter twice.



*



I finished Amish Vampires in Space!


I tried explaining this book to a fellow reader the other day. Probably shouldn't have. It's hard to wrap your mind around without reading it.

Basically:
*sun about to explode = emergency beacon = Amish rescued by space ships
*package delivery space ship w/ a guy that likes to open packages he shouldn't, plus sealed science lab = oops

Call me crazy.
I LOVED IT!


*



Currently reading The Cruel Prince by Holly Black.


I'm not sure about this one yet. It was popular last year. It definitely draws you in pretty quick. That prologue was intense!

It's very much a fantasy. If I stopped every time I came across a "hob," or some other creature I'm unfamiliar with, to google it, I would be stopping constantly. There are a lot of characters and places too.

I'm pressing on because there's so much, fighting the urge to look things up. That's hard for me since I like to know. But with this book, I wouldn't enjoy it (it would take too much time).

So I'm reading along, hoping not to get lost. Confusion aside, I'm mostly enjoying it. It has a bit of a dark undertone, though, so we'll see.



*


In other news . . .


I bought this cute anchor wall hanging at the dollar store for $2.50! How great is that?

I also found a book I read as a child in our library's book sale. The True Confessions of Charlotte Doyle by Avi. I remembered reading it, but not what it was about. Turns out, it's about a girl on a ship, mutiny, and an accusation of murder.

Apparently, I've like ocean adventures for far longer than I was aware!

I had to add Unraveling by Sara Ella to this picture. Ky as a pirate? Um, yes, please. It reminds me of Emma and Killian on OUAT. Plus, that cover is GORGEOUS!

💜

Have a great week, guys!

And Happy New Year!

Love, J <3



*******Available on Amazon!*******

Comments

Popular Posts