This week, I thought I'd share about what I'm reading, and the insanity of taking bookish photos.



"You shouldn't magic your sisters."
--The Cruel Prince, Holly Black


I finished reading The Cruel Prince last week and moved right on to The Wicked King because, er-mah-gersh, it was good!




Last night I made muffins to go along with this series (Folk of the Air).


They have shredded apple, raisins, and maple syrup.



Not exactly "raisin cakes smothered in apple syrup" (The Cruel Prince), but I think they work.


So what goes into a photo that looks like this . . .




A whole lot of this:


1. I need light! My camera phone often takes dark pictures. I have to either wait for good sunlight or find the best lit room in the house.

2. I use cloth as a backdrop. This is my desk chair. This is where I took my photo. On the chair. I'm not kidding! I have draped my cloth over chairs, tables, even my laundry basket to get a suitable background.

3. Props. Shout out to the 'rents for the candle holder. It worked well for this photo. And, yes, I did spill salt all over my chair for the sake of a single picture.

4. Patience. Since my camera is not great, I often have to take picture, after picture, after picture. Sigh.

5. I edit my photos. I crop out chair legs, add brightness (50/50 chance it'll work), and use filters.


So, there you have it! It only takes, well, forever.

Unless I have good light and just do one of these:



I would love to do an apple photo for The Wicked King. Light did not permit this morning. I would need my dining room table. It was too dark in there, so that was a no-go.

"--faerie fruit--which muddies the minds of mortals"
--The Wicked King

I would add salt again as it's the antidote for ingesting faerie fruit. I'm excited about the details since it's a bit out of my norm. But, we'll see. You never can tell.

Have a great weekend!
J<3

Comments

Popular Posts