Easter

How was your Easter, friends?

I had a great time with this handsome man and my family.


I made brownies from my "new" 1950 edition Betty Crocker Cook Book. I'm going to assume they were good. And by assume I mean my family ate them all before I got to taste test them. I'm taking that as a compliment!
(And an excuse to make them again.😋)

After dinner the fellas tossed a frisbee while my nephews tried to catch it, running and laughing and being way too short to ever reach it. There was the customary egg hunt. My niece and nephews are finally old enough that they get what's going on. My favorite thing was my sis asking my niece why she wasn't playing with the boys afterward. "You love to play outside," she said. My niece responded, while opening yet another candy, "I do, but I like chocolate better." Me, too, peach! Me too!🤣




******



Book I just finished:

The Caged Queen by Kristen Ciccarelli


Real love is the strongest kind of steel. It's a blade that can be melted down, its form changed with every bang of the hammer, but to break it is a task no one is capable of. Not even Death.

The best parts of this book are the almost magical sister bond and the simmery romance between Roa and Dax! I'm hoping for at least one more book in this series. Political intrigue, action, romance, desert sand, dragons, & magic. Yes, please!



******


Really cool thing!

Speaking of Miss Ciccarelli, she shared my Instagram photo of The Caged Queen in her stories.


How cool is that?
I'm totally doing all the fangirling! No shame.



******


Nonfiction:

I don't typically read a lot of nonfiction. When I do pick it up, sometimes all I do is flip through and skim for anything that might interest me. Project You is one of those books.


It's full of things like hobbies, snacks, music, and more. Everything is geared toward self-care. I'm interested to see what goodies I find.



******


Book I started today:

Mark of the Raven by Morgan L. Busse


I'm eighteen pages in and already hooked. This book pulls you in pretty quick.

From the back cover:
Dreamwalker. Nightwatcher. Lady of Ravenwood.
Lady Selene has come into her family's power.
But has she inherited a gift or a curse?

Ooo. *chillbumps*

I know how I'm spending my weekend.😉



Blessings,
J 💙






Comments

Popular Posts