Welcome, spring!

Welcome, spring!

As I sit here, it's storming, watering my tomatoes and zucchinis.


I don't have a green thumb, yet that hasn't stopped me from acquiring a potted plant and a mini garden.



These pretty orange flowers were hand picked by my nephew. They definitely cheer up my dining room.

We'll see how many of these plants I can actually keep alive!🤣



******



Nature journal:


I got this idea from a nonfiction book I picked up a couple of weeks ago.



Please excuse my very rusty, amateur drawing.
Hopefully I'll find some plants to dry/press for my journal as well.



******



Verse of the week:

Philippians 4:13 (AMP; emphasis mine)

I CAN do all things [which He has called me to do] through Him who strengthens and empowers me [to fulfill His purpose—I am self-sufficient in Christ’s sufficiency; I am ready for anything and equal to anything through Him who infuses me with inner strength and confident peace.]



******



Song I'm listening to:

Change on the Rise by Avi Kaplan


I don't usually like music that sounds like this--folkish/southern gospel. In fact, it usually causes me to go, "Eck!" as soon as it starts.
*insert eye roll emoji here*

But this I'm really enjoying.
The lyrics are great too!



******



Book I just finished:

Mark of the Raven by Morgan L. Busse


"Well done, Dreamer."

Lady Selene Ravenwood is the future heir of her house. After receiving her dreamwalking gift, she learns the truth of her family's legacy and mentally steels herself to be the assassin her mother desires her to be.
But when she meets Lord Damien of House Maris, she begins to question her destiny and the dark faith her family follows.
What is this light within Damien? And, can she have it as well?
Or has the path she's set out on taken her heart too far?

Guuuys!
I got to the last few chapters of this book and could not put it down! Why must I wait until November to put the second book on hold?
Why?!?



Have a blessed weekend, friends!
--J

Comments

Popular Posts