A Week in the Life of an Author



Like anything worth pursuing, writing takes dedication. Often that dedication is spelled out T-I-M-E. While I can't speak for other authors (Heaven knows there are well known authors who are far, far busier than myself), I thought I'd break my week down for you. Just for funsies.


Marketing

Blog--up to 1 hour/week
Facebook and Twitter--1 hour/week
Instagram--30 minutes/week

Total: Roughly 2 1/2 hours per week


Writing

4 hours/writing session

1-3 writing sessions per week

Total: 4-12 hours of writing/week


Grand Total:
6 1/2 to 14 1/2 hours per week

This doesn't include extras like: research, organizing binder notes, making bookmarks, searching for authors and book lovers to follow on social media, organizing a giveaway, etc.



******



Speaking of Organizing Giveaways!

Starting in July, I will be hosting a challenge/giveaway on Instagram.


Simply follow the prompts for each day and use the hashtag #ADLSummer19!

The winner will receive a copy of my book, a playlist bookmark, and other goodies. I'm still compiling my surprises. Mwa-ha-ha!



******


What I've Been Reading:

The Blood Spell
by C.J. Redwine
(Book 4 in the Ravenspire series)


"Hiding from our ghosts only gives them the power to keep haunting us."

A Grimm brothers style retelling of Cinderella, this had me flipping through the last few chapters at lightning speed. I'll read anything C.J. writes!


A Worthy Rebel
by Jody Hedlund
(Book 5 in the Uncertain Choice series)


"I'd have to take a risk, and I would need courage--not the sword-fighting and charge-into-battle courage. But a quieter, less obvious kind."

A young adult historical fiction, A Worthy Rebel shows the importance of being your own person, fighting for what you believe in and for those you love, and that courage comes in many forms. And good news, I hear Miss Jody is doing another (two book) YA romance series!


Have a great Independence Day, friends!

Blessings,
JšŸ’™








Comments

Popular Posts