(Not my dog.)


I hope you had a great Fourth of July, friends!
(Not my dog.🤷)

My holiday was pretty laid back. Hubs and I ran to Wal-Mart to purchase a new vacuum. We spent the rest of the day enjoying a Chicago P.D. marathon. That seems to be "our" thing when it comes to TV viewing. We love our investigative dramas.

Right now I'm most excited for the return of The Outpost, a fantasy series about a girl named Talon who is a Blackblood (and can control monsters from another dimension). It's a bit cheesy, but it's all mine, just as sports belong to my husband.



******



Song I discovered this week:

Runaway
by Sebastian Yatra, Daddy Yankee, Natti Natasha (ft. Jonas Brothers)

Honestly, my Spanish is so rusty. They could be saying anything for all I know, but it's fun to listen to.



******



Book I just finished:

Sky in the Deep by Adrienne Young


"I tried to summon her to me--that Eelyn who would choose her people over anything else. I searched for her within myself, but she was different now. I was different. And it was something that was already done. Something I couldn't change."

This book is beautiful, heart wrenching, and has a raw honesty. This is my THIRD time reading it.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
5 stars!

The companion novel, The Girl the Sea Gave Back, comes out in September. So ready!

I should mention that the paperback version of Sky has a bonus chapter from Fiske's perspective and it is wonderful. I almost squealed when I realized what scene Adrienne chose for this.💙



*******



Book I'm currently reading:

Embers by Ronie Kendig
(Abiassa's Fire #1)

I started this book earlier today. What I've read so far is pretty good, getting right to the action. Yes!



******



Instagram challenge:

Don't forget, my Instagram challenge/giveaway for a copy of A Desperate Love begins next week.



Prizes:
*A Desperate Love
*Quote bookmark
*Playlist bookmark
*Mask
*Coconut chapstick
**More prizes to come!



Blessings,
J💗

Comments

Popular Posts