Sophia Water Confident Ready


Book I just finished:

Sophia, Princess Among Beasts
 by James Patterson with Emily Raymond


Confession: This is the first Patterson I've ever read.
I know, shocking, right?

I'm giving it 3 stars.
⭐⭐⭐

It has nice, short chapters. The pace is excellent (fast moving). It truly kept my attention.
There were a few questions left unanswered. I wish those were addressed, but it doesn't take too much from the story.

"Soon I would need all the courage I'd ever possessed and more. I had been a princess, a beast, and a captive.
And now I must be a warrior queen."

Annnd . . .
can I talk about that last scene?!
You know, sans spoilers.
I don't think I would have found the man's gesture quite so romantic had the journey not been what it was, but I loved it.
Again, my questions concerning how it came about were not answered. Maybe you don't need a bow. I like bows, thank you very much. It can be a hastily tied bow, but I need it.

I enjoyed Sophia's personal journey. She really develops the heart that was there all along. She just needed the proper motivation. So good!

Oh, and interesting thing I discovered this morning. I was watching an ad on YouTube for this book and Mr. Patterson did not pronounce her name correctly, I thought. Then the narrator proceeded to speak in his very deep and dramatic voice and say: Read. James Patterson's. So-fie-uh, Princess Among Beasts.
I'm sorry, read what?🤣
I'll leave you to process that on your own.



******



Yummy thing I discovered this week:

Spindrift sparkling water


It's fruit and water. That's it.


See!
Carbonated water, blackberry juice, fresh lemon juice, and blackberry puree.

I like natural products when I can afford them.
Honestly, they are normally ridiculously expensive. This was a dollar something. And the taste? Way better than some of the flavored waters with artificial ingredients I've tried.

Yum!😋
(Also, why is this emoji titled "Face Savoring Delicious Food," like, shouldn't just say "Yummy" or something? Let's keep it simple, people.)



******



Song I'm listening to:

Confident by Steffany Gretzinger




******



Quote of the week:

I've been participating in an online/virtual Bible study on the book of Mark.

People are encouraged to comment with their one take away from the daily chapter reading. When we got to the chapter about the demoniac, they were discussing how after the man was healed he wanted to go with Jesus. But He told him to stay and tell people about what He'd done for the man.
A woman in the group commented in reference to this verse that she was, "Ready to go, but willing to stay."
And that's kind of stuck with me all week.



******



Don't forget!

Next week is the last week to participate in my giveaway on Instagram.


You can still post for previous weeks, however, I will only take one entry for each prompt.
So get busy, friend!


Because, hello, prizes!!



See you next week, friends.
--J💙





Comments

Popular Posts