Clean YA Fiction




"Are there even any?" she asked me.

I searched for an answer, flabbergasted. How could this teen not know clean young adult novels exist?

I had this conversation nearly two weeks ago. It's bugged me every since. This girl genuinely seemed to think a YA novel, sans tons of swearing and sex, was the unicorn of the literary world.

So at the risk of appearing to do a repeat of last week, I'm handing you another list of recommendations. That way you can respond in a helpful way, unlike me with my silent blinking shock.


The following are books and authors that I've personally read. They are clean fiction books for teens.



Sara Ella

The Unblemished trilogy--Fantasy

Sara has a Little Mermaid retelling coming out in November that deals with mental health. I'm confident this will be an excellent read as well.


C.J. Redwine

The Ravenspire series--Fantasy
These are fairy tale retellings with a slightly darker twist. I don't like super scary books, so please trust me when I tell you these are okay.
There are four books in this series with more to come!


Mary Weber

The Storm Siren trilogy--Fantasy

The Sofi Snow duology--Science Fiction

To Best the Boys--Fantasy


Nadine Brandes

Fawkes--Historical Fantasy


Jody Hedlund

The Noble Knights/An Uncertain Choice series--Historical
(5 book series)

Jody has a new series coming out, The Lost Princesses. At least the first book is already out, and they are releasing close together. I haven't read the first yet, but everything Jody writes is wonderful.


Melanie Dickerson

Hagenheim series--Historical
This is a longer series of historical fairy tale retellings. The tenth book is expected to release this year.

Thornbeck trilogy--Historical


Lindsay A. Franklin

The Weaver Trilogy--Fantasy
Book two just released and I hear the villain will be revealed!


Kiera Cass

The Selection series--Dystopian
(I've only read the first three of this five book series.)




Blessings,
--J💙












Comments

Popular Posts