My Book Recommendations




I was trying to decide what to do for this week's blog when I saw a YouTube video by Nadine Brandes called "My Top Seven Favorite Book Series . . . So Far." It sounded like a good direction for this week, especially since I had zero ideas.
However, I'd like to call mine "recommendations" rather than favorites. If I were to attempt listing my favorites we'd be here the rest of the year. Also, these are the books I've enjoyed recently. Again, listing recommendations from everything I've ever read would be utterly ridiculous.

So, here are my book recommendations by genre.



Historical Fiction

*Jody Hedlund
*Melanie Dickerson
Both of these ladies have wonderful series.
Most of Melanie's are young adult books. A lot of them are written as fairy tale retellings.
Jody has more books geared for adults. However, she has recently started writing young adult fiction, and I love them!


Nonfiction

*Jump by Steve Harvey
*Capital Gaines by Chip Gaines

I rarely read nonfiction, maybe once or twice a year. When I do, I prefer things along the lines of self help/improvement. Both of these are inspiring, easy reads. You'll enjoy them!


Science Fiction

*Amish Vampires in Space
&
*Amish Zombies From Space
by Kerry Nietz

I wonder if people roll their eyes when I say these books are really great, but they are! They aren't cheesy at all. It's good Sci-Fi and believable Amish Fiction in one.


Fantasy

*Mary Weber
*Sara Ella
*Sky in the Deep by Adrienne Young

Mary is my favorite. If you follow me at all, you've heard me gush over her books many times. I'll read anything she writes.
Sara Ella's Unblemished trilogy is amazing. There's so much packed in those three books. I love Eliyanna's journey and can't wait to travel it again.
As for Sky, I've probably read it four times. The first time took me five days. It's violent and beautiful and Viking-ish.
Shout out to Adrienne for sending me an ARC of The Girl the Sea Gave Back. I won this little beauty a couple of weeks ago when she was giving away goodies on Instagram. I'll be diving in soon. So be prepared for all my fangirling and Instagram photos once I get to know Tova and her story.


Contemporary

Sorry, I don't like contemporary. I just . . . no. Sorry, not sorry.
(We can probably slip Mystery and a few others in here. I'm kind of picky.)


Classic

*Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen

It's been a while since I've read it. But all the P+P all the time. 'Nough said.


Guilty Pleasure

*The Folk of the Air series by Holly Black

Okay, obviously not a genre. The books I read tend to lean cleanish and/or Christian. This is a morally gray series, but it sucked me in like turkish delight. I can't wait for The Queen of Nothing, due out this November.


Let me know your favorites, friends!

Happy weekend,
J 💙










Comments

Popular Posts