Surprise!



I was reading a devotional Monday and the writer told of an unusual prayer she prays. She asks God to surprise her. Intrigued, I thought, "Okay, God. Surprise me today." I was definitely a little hesitant to do so. Surprises aren't always good, but God is. I've continued this throughout the week. Here's what happened . . .

Monday--I was text by a family member with a publishing question. If I'd thought about it, knowing the situation, I wouldn't have been super shocked. However, I was still wasn't expecting it.

Tuesday--I was text by a young friend who just left for college. We don't really text much, and I assumed she was busy with school, so it was another fun little thing. I told my husband about my silly prayer, joking that all the answers were coming via text.

Wednesday--God really shook things up. I wrote a couple of neat, unexpected backstory details for my characters. I discovered a new song to inspire my writing, Meet Me On the Battlefield by Svrcina (pronounced Sur-Cee-Nuh). It's a cinematic style song that works well with what I'm working on.
Finally, a tornado siren went off while I was busy typing away. It was a sunny day. It went on and on, compelling me to look outside. There was one blue cloud. That was it. "Okay, invisible tornado," I said to myself. I got on Facebook later and there were two tornadoes in our county that day. What?! I didn't care for that surprise so much. However, I was safe and completely unaware. Apparently ignorance was bliss in this instance.

Thursday--There's a gentleman I see from time to time. A friend and I were discussing the fact that neither of us knows his name. Yesterday I found out his name is the same as one of my characters. That should be easy to remember!

We'll see what today brings!😉
I would say my husband paying for antivirus for my computer, but he's just sweet like that, so I shouldn't be too shocked.💖



******



Fun thing I bought this week:

Pumpkin Cinnamon Roll wax melts


They make my house smell like heaven. They also kind of make me want to bake, or just eat.



******



Books:

I'm still reading Amish Zombies From Space.
The author, Kerry Nietz, posted this week that someone has shown interest in turning Amish Vampires in Space into a movie.
I hope that it works out!🚀


Up next . . .
Realm of Ruins by Hannah West


This is book 2 of the Nissera Chronicles. Kingdom of Ash and Briars was a solid 3.5. I'm excited to dig into this story, you know, after I finish all 448 pages of AZfS.



Keep an eye out for tiny blessings, friends (AKA surprises)!
Have a great weekend,
--J ðŸ’™

Comments

Popular Posts