We're All Given Something



This was my mantra while writing A Desperate Love:
"It doesn't have to be perfect, it just has to be possible."

To be sure, my "tools" weren't the best. I started out with notebooks & pencils, and finished on library laptops on my days off. A possible variation of this mantra is "It doesn't have to be practical . . ."
I like practical. As my rough draft phase draws to a close, I again find myself wishing for practical.
If I only had X.
I've taken it to the prayer. I keep feeling like I need to trust that I'll have what I need when I need it, that it will work out just as it did before.

I got a call this morning, one of my X's offered to me. It's not in the form I'd like it, BUT it's a step up. That's important! I'm thankful for it. I'm going to embrace it. Because nobody gets "there" overnight.

I've been doing an online study of the book of Mark. I'm behind on the reading. This, along with watching the videos at least twice, is causing me to hear the same things over and over. And I've picked up on a theme.


I've been given something. What am I going to do with it?
And, what I do with it is important.


Examples:

The widow-->She gave a little, but she gave the most.

The woman with the perfume-->She poured out a sweet smelling perfume (worth a year's wages!) on the Lord out of love.

The servants left in charge of their master's vineyard-->They refused to give him his profits. Boy, did he take care of them!

I even randomly stumbled on the parable of the talents (Luke?). Each was given a different amount. The only one who got in trouble was the one who buried his money out of fear.
How much they were given didn't matter. What mattered was that they grew what they were given.


I was pondering this yesterday, thinking that no matter how big or small my writing career is, what's important is I grow/give what's been given to me.
Again and again, I'm seeing it.

We're all given something to steward and grow.
A choice.
A chance.
Money/possessions.
Gifts/talents.
Time.

Shine your light, friends.



******



Currently reading:

Amish Zombies From Space
by Kerry Nietz


This is the sequel to Amish Vampires in Space.
As with Amish Vampires, the zombies have a scientific explanation. Don't let the cover or title fool you, it's good stuff! Good Sci-fi, good writing, and a Christian twist.💚




******



Currently snacking on:


Homemade trail mix.

*Plain Cheerios
*Raisins
*1 dark chocolate bar cut into bite size chunks.
*Banana chips.



******



Writing adventures:

Here's a little semi-creepy snippet of what I've been working on.


"The animal skeletons were growing farther and farther apart. A large moose sat to their right, new grass sticking up determinedly under stark white ribs, the animal so burned no flesh remained."

I think I just grossed myself out. Lol.



******



Giveaway:

Congrats to @edydek15 for winning a free copy of A Desperate Love.


Thanks to all of you who participated!



Love,
--J💙




Comments

Popular Posts