Is It Pirate Week?



Is it pirate week? I kind of feel like it is.

Wednesday was the one year anniversary of A Desperate Love's release! My week was filled with all kinds of piratey goodness. To kick things off, our library had a pirate themed story time on Tuesday. I wasn't there, but the irony wasn't lost on me. Thursday, of course, was International Talk Like a Pirate Day, when people speak like pirates by throwing pirate lingo into their conversations.


Wednesday I did a "short" video on my book and my current WIP. It was a bit scary getting my face out there like that, but my sweet girl's worth it. I spent a good part of the day working on draft #2 in my fantasy series. Then I topped it off with an Instagram story featuring A Desperate Love and the cheesecake I made, because what's a book birthday without cake?!


And if all that wasn't enough, YouTube keeps slipping Burn the Ships by For King and Country into my suggested mixes. Let's keep it flowing with some pirate lingo, shall we?


⚔Me--my

Ye--you

Ahoy--hello

Aye--yes

Lass--a lady

Avast--stop/pay attention

Cap'n--captain

Savvy?--Do you understand?

Scurvy dog--an insult

Colors--flag

Hearties--friends or fellow pirates

Matey--good friend/shipmate

Booty--treasure or loot

Landlubber--a person who doesn't like the sea

Jolly Roger--a skull and crossbones flag



Have a blessed week, me hearties!
--J ðŸ’™








Comments

Popular Posts