The Intruder Plant



There's a plant growing up in my lilac bush.

I don't know what it is, but it shouldn't be there. Of all the plants around our house, my lilac bush is the one not to mess with. It reminds me of my childhood. My grandparents had a huge yard we played in growing up. The side yard had a few lilac bushes and a couple of cherry trees.

Opening the window and smelling the lilacs is nostalgic for me. So, needless to say, I was a touch miffed that another plant had the nerve to sprout itself up right through the middle of my beloved bush.

But a strange thing happened. Suddenly we have all these butterflies. That softened the blow some. However, the black eyed susans are attracting them too. I was still annoyed. Then one day I'm standing at the window and a humming bird appears. A humming bird, guys! He's actually made a few appearances.

It was as if God was sending me a reminder. He was letting me know that there's beauty in the change. There's something lovely revealing itself. I didn't ask for it, but there it is.

Change can be hard. Sometimes it's downright difficult. But it's often in times of change that we find the most beauty, the greatest blessings, if we only stop long enough to look.


My pretty, pink, creature attracting flowers. Note how they reach my kitchen window. I can watch the butterflies float about while I do my dishes!



******



Song I'm Listening to:

Confession: I have two this week!
But they're so, so good.

Rescue by Lauren Daigle
&
Fighting for Me by Riley Clemmons



******



Book I'm Reading:

The Warrior Maiden by Melanie Dickerson

This is a young adult historical fiction. It's a Mulan retelling set in the fictional world of Hagenheim, Germany.

This line absolutely cracked me up!


Blessings,
--J ðŸŒº



Comments

Popular Posts