12/19





Happy December, friends!

I have to admit, I cannot believe it's almost Christmas. Small confession: I have done exactly zero shopping. My husband, however, is almost done with his. Go hubs!

Next month I'll be sharing ALL my reads for 2019.
Today's blog should be a short list as I didn't get a lot of reading done last month.



My November reads . . .

Unraveling by Sara Ella

This was a re-read for me. I loved the Unblemished trilogy. Sara packs so much in her books. I felt a second time through was needed for me to truly appreciate it.


Coral by Sara Ella

Coral is a Little Mermaid retelling. As a huge, forever fan of the movie (and of Sara's) this was a must read for me. The book touches on difficult topics such as depression and suicide. It is a story handled with care, truth, whimsy, and all kinds of heart. I think I'm honestly still processing it and will likely come back to it as well.


The Queen of Nothing by Holly Black

The last book in the Folk of the Air series, this story was lighter than the other two. I read somewhere that Holly was quoted saying Cardan gets what he deserves in the last book. I was really anxious about that because I felt like what he deserved were things both good and bad. I think she accomplishes this, and in a very satisfying way. I'll just leave it there, because, you know, spoilers! 



What I've been listening to . . .

"Enough" by Koryn Hawthorne


"Pieces" by Steffany Gretzinger
A really pretty song about the love of God. ❤


"Never Surrender" by Liv Ash
This song has an epic, cinematic feel. I added it to my writing playlist pretty quickly.



Christmas is coming!
🎄🎄
Give your book lover the gift of fiction. Snag your copy of A Desperate Love on Amazon or at BN.com!



Merry Christmas!

Love,
J 💜






Comments

Popular Posts