January 2020 Reads



Is it just me or did January last forever?
We finally started getting real snow here after a winter of no shoveling. Sickness is going around the schools like crazy. Can it just be spring now? Anyone else?

That being said, I hope you have some good books to cozy up with. If not, maybe my January reads can lend some help. 😉



The Piper's Pursuit by Melanie Dickerson

This is book ten in the Hagenheim series. Not only is there one more book coming, but Melanie is working on a new series!
The Piper's Pursuit is a historical fiction novel and retelling of The Pied Piper. There's also a mysterious beast and a rat plague. One of my favorite things in the book was the children. I don't want to give any spoilers, but keep your eye on them. It really made me chuckle!


To Darkness Fled by Jill Williamson

This is the second book in the Blood of Kings trilogy. Guuuys! The books are HUGE, but that doesn't matter. They are so incredibly good. If you love Christian fantasy, you're going to want to pick these up. Book two is full of scripture. I was impressed both as an author and as a reader. In book two you get a glimpse of Caan (the Jesus character). The scene was epic!
Five stars!


Sleepless by Sarah Vaughn (Vol. I)

Sleepless is a graphic novel, which I don't read much of. It is a fantasy with a medieval vibe. The story is about the illegitimate daughter of the recently deceased king and her sleepless knight. The sleepless take vows to not sleep (and they literally can't). This is vital after multiple assassination attempts on the girl's life.
Truth be told, I actually grabbed this for a reading challenge. I needed a short book and it looked interesting. There was an unexpected twist at the end. And, wowzas, totally did not see that coming! I had to have the next one!



Music I'm Listening to:

"Easy" by Sarah Reeves

"A Million on my Soul" by Alexiane



Fundraiser/Raffle

If you haven't donated yet to the GoFundMe for author Mary Weber, please consider doing so. The raffle ends this Sunday, February 9, 2020. By donating, you are helping Mary and her family pay for their medical bills. Tragically, they lost their home due to toxic mold & Mary was diagnosed with BioToxin Illness. You can learn more about how to enter the raffle (you'll need to submit your receipt) and about the great prizes by visiting Livia Blackburne's blog. A signed copy of A Desperate Love is included in one of the prize packs. Tell your friends!
And thank you! 💙



Blessings,
-J


Comments

Popular Posts