Story/Fight/Evaporate/Music!



Sometimes, I just want to remember what it's like to be small and believe in fairy stories.
--The Story Raider, Lindsay A. Franklin


Anyone else reading all the books and watching all the shows during their time at home? I am, as evidenced by the number of books and songs I'll share below. 🤣

Hubs and I binge watched the series Haven. Then we moved on to Star Trek: The Next Generation. Next on the list is Picard! I'll watch it while drinking my Earl Gray, thank you.



What I've been reading:

The Story Peddler by Lindsay A. Franklin
(The Weaver Trilogy, Book 2)

I have wanted to read this book FOREVER and finally broke down and bought it. Amazon had the paperback on sale for super cheap. Yay! The cover is crazy cool. And, honestly, I want a purple wish granting fluff-hopper, guys. Is that too much to ask?
This book is a sweet YA fantasy set in a world where 'weavers' can create things through art, story, and song. There's a pirate (you know I'm in!) and that kind of romance that just keeps eluding the love birds. Gah! I'm totally #teammor. Pick this one up!


Fight Write: How to Write Believable Fight Scenes by Carla Hoch

This is a nonfiction writing craft book. It is jam packed with great information and unexpected humor. If you've ever experienced the I-hope-nobody-ever-checks-my-google-search-history writing moment, you need this book! Carla discusses everything from fighting styles to weapons to wounds. If you're looking for help writing your action scenes, just buy it. Don't be like me and check it out from the library for five hundred years.


The Evaporation of Sofi Snow by Mary Weber
(The Sofi Snow duology, Book1)

This was a re-read for me. Or a re-re-read? 🤔 It's my third time. If you've followed me for long, you know I squeal shamelessly over Mary's books.
This series is a YA science fiction duology. It's set in a future world where Earth is run by corporations rather than governments, and they're all about the new tech provided by their 'friends' the Delonese (aliens who set up their planet conveniently next to Earth's moon). It centers around Sofi and her brother Shilo, who are gamers/players in the FanFight games, and the attractive ambassador Miguel.
But, as it goes with aliens, one should always be careful . . . 



What I'm listening to:

(So many! Lol.)

Flood the Earth by Jesus Culture

The Happy Writer podcast (hosted by author Marissa Meyer)
It's lovely and you should listen.😃

Tremble by Mosaic MSC

Fire N Gold by Bea Miller
Force of Nature (Bea)
Paper Doll (also Bea)
I Dare You (Yeah, you guessed it. Bea.)


Blessings,
J 💙





Comments

Popular Posts