Aliens, Zombies, & Austen



"I declare after all there is no enjoyment like reading!"
--Jane Austen

I have to confess, this quarantine has forced me to get creative with my book choices. I'm often picky about what I read. I get most of my reading material via interlibrary loan, and I don't like to buy a book unless I'm already a fan of it (or the author).  So my May reading consisted of returning to an old favorite and picking up a book that's been on my TBR forever. I forgot about it until I came across it while perusing the shelves of my local library, an old familiar friend, but with a twist.



My May reads:

Reclaiming Shilo Snow by Mary Weber
This was my third time reading it. I never used to reread anything! If you like sci-fi, dystopian, aliens, or books with imperfect characters, grab this one.

Pride and Prejudice and Zombies by Jane Austen and Seth Grahame-Smith
This book stays close to the original while happily weaving in zombies throughout. I still found myself feeling gushy about Elizabeth and Darcy's romance, as well as laughing so much. P+P+Z was entertaining, surprisingly low on gore, and delightfully funny. Four stars.



My May jams:

"Father's House" by Cory Asbury

The live session of "Rún" by Skáld on YouTube

"Impossible" from Rodgers and Hammerstein's Cinderella



In other news...
Friends! I'm so super excited because I finally moved into my home office! Eep!! I'm posting a quick video on my Instagram stories. If you don't catch it, I went with blue gray walls and black & pink decor. My "desk" is actually a sturdy folding table I purchased from Amazon because this girl needs a flat surface to spread out all her post-it note vomit.🤣Seriously, I just got everything in there, my new table next to the table with all my notes, and it's organized chaos. But I love it! I even created a coffee/snack station, you know, to keep me focused.


Blessings,
--J💙





Comments

Popular Posts