Flight/Chasing/Betrothed/SpongeBob

"Home is the nicest word there is."
--Laura Ingalls, Little House on the Prairie

🏠

I think it's safe to say we've all been spending more time at home this year. Because of this, we've been forced to rethink how we're spending our time. We're baking, going for walks, working out in our living rooms, reading more, and discovering new TV shows to binge watch.
For us, one of those shows is Little House on the Prairie. I have to be honest, I wasn't excited when Hubs started watching. I don't like shows that are overly sappy. But it didn't take long and I was absolutely pulled in. It seems this series was just what my heart needed.
The Ingalls family and their little town of Walnut Grove honor things such as faith, family, and loving their fellow man. It doesn't matter to the Ingalls what faith, social status, or race a person is, they welcome them and show them love.
I think we could use more of that in the world today, don't you?




What I've been reading:

*Flight of the Raven by Morgan L. Busse
(Book #2 in the Ravenwood Saga)
Christian Fantasy

Okay, I feel like I had to wait forever to get this book. It was supposed to be on its way to me from the lending library just as everything shut down. So yeah, I had to wait over a month for it. But it was totally worth the it.
Without giving spoilers (for those of you who haven't read the first book), there's more romance, character development, and twists. It's an epic ride and I so heart Selene and Damien.

Favorite quotes:
"But one thing I do know: the Light gave him his gift, and so he offers it back to the Light."
--Taegis

"No, no more fear."
--Selene


*Chasing Vines by Beth Moore
Christian Nonfiction

I must confess, I am not a fan of audiobooks. Something about it feels . . . wrong. I can listen to podcasts and YouTube videos without a problem. Don't ask me. It makes me uncomfortable. Like, am I five? Why is this person reading to me?
Anyway, this was the first audiobook I've ever finished! I can't say I'm a fan. I found my mind wandering, which makes me wonder how much I actually absorbed, but yeah me!
This book looks at vines from a scriptural and scientific viewpoint. Interesting.


*The Betrothed by Kiera Cass
YA Fantasy

First, a big shout out to Hubs for getting this book for my birthday, and for doing the extra work of texting me from the bookstore to make sure I hadn't read what he was buying me! This is a brand new series from Kiera set in a make believe, medieval-esque world.
Hollis is practically betrothed to King Jameson when she meets Silas, a refugee from a neighboring kingdom. Jameson showers Hollis with whatever her heart could dream of, but Silas sees her for who she is. Eep! You can guess what happens from there. 😉

Favorite quote:

"It's called a citrine. If you, Hollis Brite, were a star, you'd be the sun. If you were a bird, you'd be a canary. And if you were a stone, you'd be a citrine."
--Silas


*SpongeBob Comics #2: Aquatic Adventurers, Unite! by Stephen Hillenburg
Graphic Novel

I was desperate for reading material. Don't judge me! 🤣 There was a good chance I was going to read it anyway. I love SpongeBob, not gonna lie.

Favorite quote:

"I must stay in control of my overwhelming "fan" urges."
--SpongeBob



What I've been listening to:

*"Pure Imagination" from Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory

*"How Many Kings" by Downhere

*"So Will I"/"Do It Again"//Cross Worship feat. Osby Berry

*"Wonderful, Beautiful, Glorious"//Upper Room

*"Scars" by TobyMac



Blessings,
Jessica 💙






Comments

Popular Posts