Dream

 "Dream bigger."

--Mary Weber


This quote is giving me life, friends. I'm ninety percent through my first big edit of my WIP, and I still have so far to go. This project has felt overwhelming at times, too big for me, too ambitious. But I keep working, baby step by baby step. I keep dreaming. This book won't write itself. And I'm learning things along the way. What works for me. What doesn't. I'm getting there. It may not be as fast as I want, but I hold on to the hand of Him Who's helping me cross the lake (see Luke 8:22) and whispering in my ear saying, "Reach for more."


What I've been reading...


Brand of Light

by Ronie Kendig

Book 1, The Droseran Saga

Science Fiction

A young girl falsely accused of murdering her people. A tracker of fugitives tasked with bringing her in to a holy order. And the matching brands that link them to each other and to an ancient prophecy.

This book was not only insanely good, but I was so taken (as a reader and an author) by the idea of the Kynigos, trackers that can literally smell emotions. Plus, they climb buildings like they're Spider-Man! There's a reason why this book has won multiple awards!


The Girl the Sea Gave Back

by Andrienne Young

Viking inspired YA Fantasy

Audiobook

Tova, a Truthtongue, can see the future. Living among the Svell, she casts the stones for their Tala, ever conscious of her precarious status as both a tool and a curse. With war coming, she must make the difficult choice to leave them and see that the runes come to pass.


The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe

by C.S. Lewis

Children's Fantasy

Paperback and audiobook

While this is a children's book, I was not prepared for how moving the audiobook version of the stone table scene was going to be. It's definitely worth it if you can get your hands on it.


Storm Siren

by Mary Weber

YA Fantasy

Audiobook

An elemental slave with the power to create storms meets a man who shows her how to use the power inside her. Just prepare to have your heart strings yanked.

I will never not recommend Mary (you all know that!😉).

Five stars (as always)

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐



My current jams...


"Terrify the Dark"//Skillet


"Set the World on Fire"//Britt Nicole


"Before You Go"//Lewis Capaldi


"Happier"//Marshmello



Blessings,

J 💙







Comments

Popular Posts