Small Steps

"Great things are not done by impulse, but by a series of small things brought together."

--Vincent Van Gogh


I know a lot of people are into New Year's resolutions, but I'm really not. I believe in goals. And sometimes, the best way to accomplish a goal is to tackle it one tiny step at a time. Swapping cookies for peanut butter toast, adding "drink water" to my planner (because it's yucky and I like to mark off check boxes), and getting in that second workout when I'd rather sleep in, are a few of the small changes I've made as of late. I'm learning that I need easier goals to reach the larger ones. Without them, I tend to get discouraged and end up not accomplishing what I set out to do. Toast may not be a super healthy breakfast, but it's a lot better than what I used to eat. I'm okay with that.



What I've been reading . . .


Fable by Adrienne Young (Fable #1)

YA Fantasy

Re-read

"There was a distance between the girl I was, standing on the deck of the Marigold, and the one who'd jumped from the Lark . . ."

Namesake releases March 16. I needed it like four months ago. That cliffhanger, friends!😭


Lagom: The Swedish Art of Balanced Living by Linnea Dunne

Nonfiction

My fascination with all things Scandinavian continues.


The Last Namsara by Kristen Ciccarelli (Iskari #1)

YA Fantasy

Audiobook

Re-read

Dragons. Need I say more?


The Caged Queen by Kristen Ciccarelli (Iskari #2)

YA Fantasy

Re-read

"You think love is as fragile as that? Like a stalk of wheat, easily broken in a storm? That's not what love is."

This book has so much love in it, Dax's unrelenting love for Roa & Roa's determination to save her sister at any cost.


What I've been listening to . . . 

"Frontlines" and "Champion" by Tommee Profitt


Blessings,
--J💙


Comments

Popular Posts