Sunrise Alarm Clocks & Crying Music

 It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?"

--Winnie the Pooh


I remembered this quote early this morning while lying in bed waiting for my new alarm clock to go off. Sometimes I wonder if my brain just keeps on thinking while I sleep. I mean, who else wakes up and their first thought is "Oh, this random Pooh quote would be great for the blog I'm writing hours from now?" Just me? Okay.

But speaking of my new alarm clock, this thing is fantastic! A friend told me a few months ago that her husband didn't used to be a morning person until he got a sunrise alarm clock. There were similar reviews on Amazon. I figured it was worth the thirty-five dollars simply to find out if it would work. Friends, I am not, nor have I ever been, a morning person. I am a set three alarms and hit the snooze over and over kind of person. I'm the person who you want to hand a coffee to before you expect me to speak. If I don't get a solid eight hours each night, I literally feel sick or get weepy. This is just me, so I thought . . .

I am on week four of consistently getting up at the same time. No snooze! And aside from a little grogginess week two, it's basically the best thing since sliced bread. Sunrise alarm clocks work with your circadian rhythm. Instead of being jerked from sleep, this alarm has a light that gradually gets brighter as your alarm time approaches. You can use the light by itself or coupled with a regular alarm (radio or annoying dinosaur screeches . . . no, thank you). Mine also has nature sounds. I have it set on ocean waves. Ah, nice and soothing.

I should also note that I keep mine across the room. I actually have to get up to turn it off. I tried that once with a normal alarm and wanted to rip the cord from the wall. With this alarm, I'm often awake before the wave sounds kick in, so getting up to turn it off isn't a big deal. And I don't hit snooze. It's also really bright. I had to lessen the light on the display and turn it slightly toward the wall (and the light still wakes me up!).

To sum up, sunrise alarm clocks are the bomb diggity and you should get one.



What I've been reading . . .

I Could Pee on This: And Other Poems by Cats by Francesco Marciuliano

Our library has a Winter Reading program each year. I can never quite squeeze in the required five books without getting a book of poetry or a graphic novel in the mix. And this cute little book showed up just in time. Thus my reading poetry about cats peeing.


Fable by Adrienne Young

I had to listen to the audiobook as a refresher before Namesake comes out (March 16). Who's squealing with me?!


Sky in the Deep by Adrienne Young

I mean, I was already on round three with Fable. What's round six with Sky? If you haven't read it, you're missing out! Best. Book. EVER.



What I'm listening to . . .

"Lose You Now" by Lindsey Stirling (feat. Mako)

Oh my goodness, this song! I dare you to watch the video and not cry. I was bawling my eyes out. This song was an easy addition to my writing playlist.


The "Lent: Songs in the Desert" playlist on Spotify

This is a lovely mix of soft worship that has a calming, lullaby quality to it. There's an instrumental by Steffany Gretzinger called "The Olive Grove". It makes me feel weepy.


Don't mind me, I'm apparently into crying music at the moment.🤣



Blessings,

--J🖤

Comments

Popular Posts