Keep going.

 "Keep going."


This week I reached Chapter 39 in my WIP. This is huge for me because it means I'm getting close to being able to query this book. A Desperate Love released in 2018. I didn't want or intend for there to be a 3+ year gap between books. However, I've learned a lot about my process in the meantime. I've grown as a writer, and I know my book will be better for it.

Whatever goals you're pursuing, don't give up. Progress is progress, no matter how small. Keep going.



What I've been reading . . .


Accidentally Engaged by Farah Heron

Rom Com

To enter a couples only cooking contest, Reena convinces her new neighbor to be her fake fiance. The problem is they have to hide their pretend engagement from her entire family. Not only does Nadim work for her father, he's also the bachelor her father wants Reena to marry.

Caution for sensitive readers: PG-13 content


The Curated Closet: A Simple System for Discovering Your Personal Style & Building Your Dream Wardrobe by Anuschka Rees

Nonfiction


A Cuban Girl's Guide to Tea and Tomorrow by Laura Taylor Namey

YA Romance

I was kind of on a romance kick this month.πŸ˜‰This book was so sweet. A Cuban girl who doesn't want to be in England for the summer. A British boy who is making it his personal mission to find her favorite cup of tea. Motorbike rides through the English countryside. Food, food, and more food. A lovable friend group. Just pick it up! You won't regret it.πŸ’–


Namesake by Adrienne Young

YA Fantasy

Fable duology, Book #2

In my opinion, it's a very difficult thing to write a sequel that is better than the first book. However, I think Adrienne did just that. There were so many times I found myself saying, "Wait . . . what?!" I could not put this book down.



What I've been listening to . . .


"When I Lock Eyes With You" by Maverick City//Upperroom


"Kin" by Penny and Sparrow



Blessings,

--πŸ’™

Comments

Popular Posts