Music Makers

 "We are the music makers,

And we are the dreamers of dreams."

--"Ode" by Arthur O'Shaughnessy


I first heard this quote on Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. I've always loved how whimsical the 1971 adaptation of Roald Dahl's beloved children's book is. My favorite scene is when Wonka hobbles out with a cane to meet the children at the gate. He suddenly loses his cane, and everyone fears he's about to fall. Then he somersaults, popping up on his feet, delighting the crowd with his trick. Mr. Wonka seems a little mad at times, biting into an edible teacup that appears real or calmly watching as a child is sucked into a chocolate tube. In the end, we see that no one was ever in any real danger. Mr. Wonka was only giving the children tests to see who was worthy of taking over his candy factory.

Though Wonka is a little eccentric, that's what makes his candy factory so magical. He looks at the world in a unique way and does things differently, and that is exactly what makes him famous and the prize so coveted. All that to say, whatever music you are making, whatever dreams you are dreaming, keep sharing that beautiful light. The world needs the uniqueness you bring.



What I've been reading . . .


Counted With the Stars by Connilyn Cossette

(Out From Egypt #1)

Biblical Fiction

An Egyptian slave flees her homeland with her friend, a follower of Yahweh, after Egypt is struck by a series of plagues.


Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo

(Shadow and Bone #1)

YA Fantasy

A world divided by darkness. The girl with the power to bring the light.


I don't normally read Biblical Fiction. And I've seen a lot of spoilers with all the excitement over the Shadow and Bone Netflix series. So, I'm not sure it's fair for me to say what I thought of these books other than that I enjoyed them.



What I'm listening to . . .


"You Don't Miss a Thing" by Bethel Music



Blessings,

--J 🖤



Comments

Popular Posts