❅Let It Go❅

 "If it's not the Lord at the center, it does not need our attention."

--Jenna Guizar // BiS

I heard Jenna say this in a video the other day and ran to get a pen. This isn't just quote worthy. In the crazy world we live in, it's mantra worthy. Listening to the news makes my anxiety rise rather quickly. I believe in being informed, but listening to negativity on a loop isn't good for anyone. If you're feeling overwhelmed, I challenge you to look at how you're spending your time and what you're consuming. If Jesus isn't the focus, and it makes you feel like poo, you might want to let it go.



What I've been reading . . .

Dawn of Vengeance by Ronie Kendig

The Droseran Saga, Bk. 2

Space Opera

"Light and Truth sent me. Violence of a different order with a higher purpose."

Ronie does it again! All I can say is "We're leaving Marco there?!"😭


The Knockout by Sajni Patel

YA Contemporary

"In this house, Kareena Thakkar, we do not quit. We do not give up or give in."

Kareena is a kick butt Muay Thai fighter, unbeknownst to most of her peers (as is her father's failing health). Amit Patel is the boy Kareena's teacher asks her to tutor in Computer Science. Amit befriends her, slowly gaining her trust and helping her embrace the confidence she's lacking.

I really hope Sajni writes more YA! This book was full of heart, girl power, and being true to oneself. Also, if you've read it, can we talk about the duck scene? Apparently, baby ducks are the cure for sadness?🦆



What I'm listening to . . .

"Look What You've Done" by Tasha Layton

"What If" by Matthew West



Products I'm currently loving . . .

*Not Your Mother's Beach Babe Texturizing Sea Salt Spray

It brings out my waves without weighing them down. Surprisingly inexpensive!


*Burt's Bees Eye Cream for Sensitive Skin

I really like Burt's Bees. Although some of their products are a little on the pricey side, they're generally lower in cost than other natural products. My skin tends to break out easily, so I only use this once a week, and that works well for me (a gal who's only started using eye cream at closer to 40 than 35🤫).



Blessings,

--J



Comments

Popular Posts