Make a Mess!

 "We've been conditioned to not make mistakes. But I can't live that way."

--Unwritten, Natasha Bedingfield


"Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep."

--Scott Adams


Just wanted to send some encouragement to my fellow creatives who also happen to be perfectionists.

Don't be afraid to make mistakes, to make a mess. Get paint in your hair and clay on your hands. Cover your dining room table in photo props, stickers, or glitter. Experiment with that cake recipe. Write the story that feels too big for you. There is beauty in the chaos of your process. Embrace it!



What I've been reading . . .

Warriors Against the Storm

Anthology, edited by Andrew Winch

Fantasy/Science Fiction

This anthology was created to benefit the amazing Mary Weber and her family in their time of need. All proceeds go to them! It's also a wonderful collection of short stories. Two great reasons to buy!🖤


Bone Crier's Dawn by Kathryn Purdie

YA Fantasy

Grace Bone series, Bk. 2

"In the end, each of us must decide who we are and what we will do with the lot we're given."

A touching sister story with great character development and non creepy, won't-keep-you-up-at-night ghosts.


The Last Legacy by Adrienne Young

YA Fantasy

"I was one of them. Made in their image. And it was time I started acting like it."

I didn't know a lot about this book when I purchased it other than it was set in the same world as the Fable duology and about a crime family. I love anything Adrienne writes, and this was no exception. I read the whole book in a week. It probably would've been less had I not been so busy.😉I will definitely be reading this one again!



What I'm listening to . . .

"Unwritten" by Natasha Bedingfield



Currently enjoying . . .

Beef Enchiladas! I found the recipe on the Betty Crocker website. Just type "easy beef enchiladas" in the search bar. It's a quick and easy recipe with only five ingredients. I make it without the green chiles, and it's so yummy!



Blessings,


Comments

Popular Posts