Weighted Blankets & Ghosts

Here's a quick writing update for those of you who have been asking. My list of things to do before I can begin querying is as follows.


 *Tackle all the little, random notes on my phone & desk

*Re-write Chapter 8

*Polish two scenes

*Tackle in-document notes

*Re-read WIP to double check for anything I missed

*Grammar and other tedious things


Honestly, it continues to feel overwhelming. But hey, I can see the bottom of the list!🙂Prayers for wisdom and that I won't get bogged down by perfectionism are appreciated.❤



What I've been reading . . .


The Hidden Life of Trees by Peter Wohlleben

Nonfiction

Audiobook

Enter a world where trees have mothers, communicate, and can experience pain. If there were cassette tapes that told you to turn the page of your book "when you hear this sound" in your childhood, then I highly recommend the audiobook version. #80sbabies

Informative and whimsical!🌳


The Protector by Carla Capshaw

Christian Historical Fiction

"Whoever tells you Jesus doesn't love you is a liar, even if that person is yourself . . ."

My favorite thing about this book is that Quintus refers to Adiona as his lioness. That and when he told her he liked her cinnamon perfume because it was sweet and spicy like her.🤣


Warrior of the Wild by Tricia Levenseller

YA Fantasy

"No one commands me out in the wild. I will behave the way I want to. I will be who I am, and I won't hate myself for it."

I was struck by how Rasmira was able to balance justice, boundaries, and mercy. I'll definitely be reading more of Tricia's books.



Currently enjoying . . .

Our weighted blanket! We put it up for the summer since it holds in body heat. I've really missed it. While it doesn't help me get to sleep, it does help me stay asleep. And it's so cozy when it's cold!


The sitcom "Ghosts" on CBS. A young couple inherits an old house and decide to turn it into a B & B. Not long after they move in, Samantha falls and ends up in the hospital. Afterwards, she can see and hear the ghosts that live in their home. It's hilarious! Our favorite character is a Viking named Thorfinn. In one episode he refers to the tv as "the sorcerer's window". He also shouts "land ship" when he sees a car.😆


Blessings,

J ♡

Comments

Popular Posts