Legacy

"Grandparents make the world a little softer, a little kinder, and a little warmer."

--Unknown


It's funny how often what I'm writing, life, and what's inspiring me seem to overlap. The manuscript I'm working on brings me back over and over to certain themes, one being family. What is family? Is it blood? Is it in the bonds we form with another? How deeply do those bonds integrate with who we are and become?

Last month, I called my grandmother to wish her a happy birthday. I couldn't help smiling while I was on the phone with her. At one point, we were discussing the crazy state of the world. She said to me, "Just pray about it, Jessica. That's what I do." It calls to mind a verse in 2 Timothy, "I am reminded of your sincere faith, which first lived in your grandmother Lois and in your mother Eunice and, I am persuaded, now lives in you also." (1:5, NIV) Today, I'm grateful for this legacy of faith and the reminder that every whispered prayer adds to its beauty.



What I've been reading . . .

Sisu: The Finnish Art of Courage by Joanna Nylund

Nonfiction


Little Women by Louis May Alcott

Fiction


Once Upon a Broken Heart by Stephanie Garber

(Once Upon a Broken Heart, Bk. 1)

YA Fantasy

I really want a let's-go-see-the-vampires outfit after reading this! I mean, a blue tulle skirt, black corset, cape, and boots? Yes please!



What I'm listening to . . .

In case you haven't heard, Adrienne Young is releasing a Saint novel! It comes out in November. The cover is gorgeous (head over to Adrienne's IG to check it out). That said, Adrienne has a Saint playlist on Spotify, and it's basically all I've been listening to since she announced the book. Be prepared for half the songs to be what I share next month. I've been waking up with them in my head.😂



Currently enjoying . . .

*Semi-homemade soups

*Canva



Blessings,

J ❤

Comments

Popular Posts