You can do it!

"Nice! I did it!"


I have had this quote in my head ever since I saw the cutest Tik Tok video while tapping through stories on Instagram. An adorable little girl proceeds to go down a slide and not very gracefully! She reaches the bottom of the slide headfirst, barely catching herself on her hands. Then she joyfully announces, "Nice! I did it!" I watched this video over and over, chuckling every time. But I was also struck by the fact that not only was she right, she did go down the slide, but it didn't matter what it looked like to her. She'd done it!

A couple of weeks ago, my sweet sister graduated from law school. There were multiple moves, juggling home life and studying, not to mention figuring out how to handle her and her daughter's online school during lockdowns. I'm sure there were times when she felt like she was going down a slide headfirst. But when she reached the end, she'd done it! And let me tell you, she was absolutely glowing on that stage when she received her diploma.💜



What I've been reading . . .

Walker, Texas Ranger by James Reasoner

Western Fiction


The Kiss of Deception by Mary E. Pearson

The Remnant Chronicles, Bk.1

YA Fantasy

Trust your gifts, Arabella, whatever they might be. Sometimes a gift requires great sacrifice, but we can no more turn our backs on it than will our hearts not to beat.

Lia (Arabella) runs away from an arranged marriage. When two strangers show up at the tavern she's working at, she befriends them both. The problem is one is the prince she's never seen and the other is an assassin on a mission.

For fans of stubborn, independent heroines, love triangles, and prophecies. Highly recommend!



What I've been listening to . . .

"Lion" by Elevation Worship

"Jireh" by Elevation Worship & Maverick City

"The Healing" by Blanca and Dante Bowe

"It's Always Been You" by Phil Wickham (This one is basically a love song.😢)

"Something to Someone" by Dermot Kennedy

"I'm Only Getting Started" by Avi Kaplan

"Good" by Above Envy


Clearly, I'm loving all the music this month!🙈



Quick writing update . . .

As of today, I'm halfway through what I'm hoping is my final content edit for my manuscript. Nine of the twenty chapters left have already undergone substantial changes. So, I'm hoping this last half won't take as long. It's hard to tell, though. I spent three plus weeks on chapter nineteen and got through all of twenty today.😜



Blessing,

J ðŸ’—


Comments

Popular Posts