Leave it to the Breeze

 "The wind blows where it chooses . . ."

John 3:8a (NRSVCE)


This verse came to mind when I was in the grocery store yesterday. It's funny how often I feel like the Lord is speaking something when I'm getting groceries. It makes me wonder if He's like, "I know this isn't your favorite. Let Me keep you company."

After I'd finished running my errands, I was flipping through the radio stations. I'm incredibly picky when it comes to music. I finally landed on a station playing "Let It Go" by James Bay. There was a line that really grabbed me. "Everything that's broke, leave it to the breeze."

Whatever you're dealing with today, leave that business to the Breeze.



What I've been reading . . .

Praying with Jane by Rachel Dodge

Nonfiction

The author takes three prayers written by Jane Austen and breaks them down into a three section, thirty-day devotional.


To Love a Viking by Heather Day Gilbert & Jen Cudmore

Tavland Vikings, Bk. 1

Historical Christian Fiction


The Nesting Place by Myquillyn Smith

Nonfiction

Myquillyn encourages readers to embrace the imperfections of their home and do risky things when it comes to decorating. Inspiring, practical, and humorous! ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐Five stars!


Edgewood by Kristen Ciccarelli

YA Fantasy

Standalone with The Giving Tree vibes.

*Contains language and adult content.


The Last Legacy by Adrienne Young

YA Fantasy

Re-read

Adrienne recently hosted a three week Read-A-Long for Legacy with a lot of really fun challenges and prizes. She has a lot happening this year. Follow her on Instagram and subscribe to her newsletter (I believe there's a link in her profile) if you don't want to miss out!

Upcoming releases include:

Spells for Forgetting, 9/27/22

Adrienne's first adult novel!


Saint, 11/29/22

*high-pitched screaming!!!*


The Storyteller's Workbook with Isabel Ibanez, 12/13/22

I'm particularly excited about this one. Adrienne and Isabel have put together a workbook that gives writers customizable tools to help them write a book from start to finish. Can I have five, please?🙈


Shades of White, Country Living

Nonfiction



What I've been listening to . . .

"Somebody Else" by Ruelle

"In Madness" by Constance

"Change" by NF



Currently enjoying . . .

My insulated water bottle. This was a birthday gift from my sister. It keeps my cocoa HOT long after I make it.


"Remington Steele", a TV series that came out in the early 1980s about a female investigator who can't get any business until she invents a boss named Remington Steele. A nameless former thief assumes the role of said employer. Cue mystery, drama, and a healthy dash of humor and romance.



Blessings,

J

Comments

Popular Posts