Soft & Squishy Books

"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams."

--Dr. Seuss


If you enjoy romances, I have a nice little list for you.😉Except for Storm Siren, I've been reading lots of soft and squishy books this month.💜



What I've been reading . . .

The Library of Lost Things by Laura Taylor Namey

YA Romance

Don't you know? You've got me, Wells.


Storm Siren by Mary Weber

YA Fantasy

Storm Siren trilogy, Bk.1

Re-read


The Upside of Falling by Alex Light

YA Romance

You're the best girlfriend I never had, Becca Hart.


Flirting with Fate by J.C. Cervantes

YA Fantasy (magical realism)

You can always recognize the love when it belongs to you.

This book was so unexpected! A family blessing in danger of being lost forever, a ghost grandma, & a goofy patron saint of teeth. Loved, loved, loved it!

*Warning for sensitive readers: language.



What I've been listening to . . .

"Wild Things" by Alessia Cara

"Trauma" by NF

"Pray, Hope, Don't Worry" by Brother Isaiah



Currently enjoying . . .

There's a store near us that sells homemade jams, baked goods, local honey, deli meats, fresh vegetables, essential oils, etc. On my last trip, I bought a Simply Blest vanilla mint lip balm. It's handmade and has ingredients I can actually pronounce, so I can feel good about wearing it.



Writing update . . .

Today I started working on line edits. Basically, this means I'm working on grammar and sentence structure. Meanwhile, I'm toying around with the idea of self-publishing. There are so many ways to publish these days. I love the idea of maintaining creative control of my work. And it's really deflating thinking about querying and waiting months for a response when I've already spent so much time on this book, not to mention more edits.

Follow me on social media to stay up to date!



Blessings,

J 🤍

Comments

Popular Posts