Music is Medicine

"Music is the medicine of the mind."

--John Logan


My newest practice? Starting the day with music. And I'm not talking about after I've made my tea. I mean before I get out of bed. If you're like me, mornings are hard. You might need a good pump-up jam to start the day. Why not give it a try?



What I've been reading . . .

My Sister's Big Fat Indian Wedding by Sajni Patel

YA Romance

My Sister's Big Fat Greek Wedding with a dash of American Idol.


Stone by Ronie Kendig

The Metcalfes, Bk. 1

Christian Fiction

Ronie at her best! A definite recommend!!


All the Stars and Teeth by Adalyn Grace

All the Stars and Teeth, Bk. 1

YA Fantasy

Bastian once asked me why I didn't just find a crew and save myself. But what he didn't realize was that I'd already found them--this was my crew, and I hold them tight.

A crew made up of a princess, the fiancé she'd rather remain a friend, a pirate, and a mermaid. Need I say more?

*Warning for sensitive readers: mild gore.



What I've been listening to . . .

"You Gotta Be" by Des'ree

"Run the World (Girls)" by Beyonce

Basically, all the girl power songs.



Writing update . . .

I'm on Chapter 14 of my final edits (roughly 35% complete). Some chapters are going quicker than others. I've also discovered that a lot of my earlier chapters are fairly short. I've started a list of what chapters I want to combine or split, depending on length. I'm saving this for later to avoid confusion.



Life news . . .

I'm an auntie again!!! My sister (who is a total boss babe) finished law school this year & had a baby! Sweet baby M. was born the first day of October. He is keeping his parents sleep deprived and has the whole family melting over his tiny ears and dark baby mohawk. I held him yesterday until my arm felt like it would fall off. No regrets!💙



Currently enjoying . . .

Stevia. Okay, I'm not exactly enjoying it. I find that it has a weird aftertaste. But it's waaaayy cheaper than maple syrup, my usual go-to natural sweetener. The key seems to be moderation. Half a single serve packet in a normal size coffee mug works best for me.



Blessings,

J

Comments

Popular Posts