You Can Say No

Quick writing update . . .

I'm currently on Chapter 32 of 40 (word count: 79,762). I'd like to be farther along, but I'm trying to keep in mind that it's the holidays. I think many of us struggle this time of year with doing all the things on top of our already busy lives. My advice to you is the same advice I've been giving myself. You don't have to do all the things, and you need to give yourself some grace. Maybe you don't get a couple of not so important things done on a twenty bullet point list. That's okay. Maybe you choose to say no to yet another Christmas gathering. Do you really need to go to five Christmases? Five?! No, you do not. And neither do I.



Currently reading . . .

Oathbound by Victoria McCombs

The Royal Rose Chronicles, Bk. 1

YA Fantasy

"Arn was a little bit of home in a world where I was losing a sense of who I was. He was the safety I didn't know I needed."


Never Fall for Your Fiancée by Virginia Heath

Historical Romance

"Nothing kept his Minerva down long."

**Warning for sensitive readers: While I enjoyed this Regency Romcom about a bachelor and his fake fiancée, there is a rather spicy scene towards the end of the book.



Currently listening to . . .

"The Hate Inside" produced by Tommee Profitt (feat. Sam Tinnesz)

"Remember This" by NF

"Dreamer" by Dermot Kennedy



New favorite thing . . .

Flannel sheets! Hubs has talked for years about how great flannel sheets are when it's cold out. I was skeptical. I mean, they're just sheets, right? When will I learn that Hubs is the king of all things comfy? They are so cozy! I would definitely recommend them. As an extra bonus, ours have a woodsy bear print that's super cute.🐻🌳🤎 

Comments

Popular Posts