My Top Book Picks for 2022

 I read 38 books this year. I couldn't choose a favorite. In fact, I feel like I chose six favorites because I decided to share two series I absolutely loved. The first is The Winner's Trilogy by Marie Rutkoski. Kestrel, the daughter of a general, purchases the handsome and rebellious Arin at a slave auction. Sparks ensue. Arin is part of the soon coming uprising, the one intended to reclaim the kingdom their enemies stole. Which side will Kestrel choose? The second is The Remnant Chronicles by Mary E. Pearson. Princess Lia runs from an arranged marriage and is soon followed by her fiancé and an assassin from another kingdom. Prophecies, war, and a love triangle. These huge books are unputdownable!



What I've been reading . . .

The Body Keeps Score: Brain, Mind, and Body in the Healing of Trauma by Bessel van der Kolk, M.D.

Nonfiction

As far as nonfiction goes, this book is excellent!


Saint by Adrienne Young

YA Fantasy

"I didn't know if I'd ever feel like myself again. That version of Isolde was gone. But the girl who'd only ever felt at home beneath the surface of the water was still there inside of me somewhere."💙

*This is a prequel to The Fable Duology. However, I would recommend reading them in order of publication.


A Thousand Heartbeats by Kiera Cass

YA Fantasy

"Queens do not faint."👑



What I've been listening to . . .

"Feel Invincible" by Skillet



Writing update . . .

I'm getting close to finishing Chapter 36. After that I'll only have four chapters left in this edit. If I can continue to edit roughly a chapter a week, I should wrap up this pass by Valentine's Day. I'll follow that up with a quickish grammar check and a couple of read throughs. I'm seriously considering self-pubbing this series. That would mean Key would be available sooner for purchase, but I can't give any time frame as of yet since I've never done it and there's quite a bit involved.



Blessings,

J ♡


Comments

Popular Posts