Silver Linings

"There is something so exciting about a moment completely out of your control sneaking up on you and you having a way to celebrate it."

--Really Very Crunchy


I don't know about anyone else, but this year has already felt so busy. If you follow me on Instagram, you probably know we've been having a lot of issues with our house. There's been clogged pipes, a rotting door frame, foundation issues, etc. This reminder from RVC was so timely. Yes, I'm editing amidst drilling noises. Yes, my dining room is a hot mess and I intentionally walk quickly through it so I don't have to look at it. But I have an excuse to finally paint our bedroom since Hubs had to patch cracks in the wall. And yes, I'm barely out of my thirties and third eldest is making me a grandmother. But my sister just had a baby herself, so I'm getting in lots of grammy practice. Plus, both these girls recently moved to the same town I live in. Not only are they close, but I'm going to be swimming in baby snuggles for a whole year!💙

I'm going to celebrate those big, beautiful silver linings, y'all!



Writing update . . .

I'm a little behind on my goal for this week, which is to finish Chapter 38. It's a little long and, well, drilling noises. There's also some big stuff happening with the characters and a battle scene.



What I've been reading . . .

Spells for Forgetting by Adrienne Young

Adult Fiction

""There are spells for breaking and spells for mending. But there are no spells for forgetting," I warned her."

This is Adrienne's first adult novel, and I can't wait to read more from her.

*Warning for sensitive readers: adult content, witchcraft


The Christmas Spirit by Debbie Macomber

Adult Fiction

This book was suggested to me by a coworker. We usually read very different things. However, when she told me about it, I had to give it a try. Two friends, a pastor and a bartender, have the brilliant idea to switch jobs for a week, right before Christmas, because they both think the other has it easy.

A cozy read with romance and a healthy dose of humor.



Listening to . . .

A lot of Dermot Kennedy's new music:

"Blossom"

"Innocence and Sadness"

"One Life"



Loving . . .

Palmer's Coconut Hydrate Body Lotion


The Really Very Crunchy newsletter

This is written by the creator of @reallyverycrunchy on Instagram. Her account is full of hilarious videos about natural living. Her newsletter, while having a more serious tone, is just as wonderful as her Instagram posts. Plus, she does a monthly giveaway for subscribers! This month's included pottery, beeswax candles, a book, and more. So go sign up (link in bio)!


The Anatomy of a Page-Turner workshop with Adrienne Young

This online workshop was totally free, a gift for those who preordered Saint. If she does another in the future, I would highly recommend it.



What I'm making for dinner . . .

This is a recipe I've tweaked enough that I can call it my own. It's good on cold days when you want to feel warm and cozy, especially if you're feeling congested.

Mexican Chicken Soup

1 large carton chicken stock

1 large can cooked chicken

1 C cooked noodles

rotel

small jar mild salsa

1 can black beans

1 can diced tomatoes (optional)


*This is rather spicy, so don't season it unless you like your food extra hot!



Blessings,

J ♡


Comments

Popular Posts