Terrible Ideas & TBRs

 Back in January, I had the bright idea to do two blog posts and skip February. But, as it turned out, this was a terrible idea. I hadn't considered how many books I'd end up reading in the interim. So rather than making you suffer through a long intro, I'll get straight to the books.🤣



What I've been reading . . .

The Stolen Heir by Holly Black

The Stolen Heir duology, Bk. 1

YA Fantasy

"I feel a little pummeled by Oak's beauty."

For those of you who loved The Folk of the Air series, this is set in the same world. I had absolutely no idea it was coming out, so it was a pleasant surprise! There weren't any appearances by Cardan and Jude. Yet. But I have a feeling there will be as there were a number of mentions of our dearly beloved couple!👑🗡

Small side note: The pacing of this book feels a bit slower than the previous series. It was still thoroughly enjoyable. Keep in mind that this is a different story with different characters, and you should be fine.


The Ballad of Never After by Stephanie Garber

Once Upon a Broken Heart, Bk. 2

YA Fantasy

". . . she believed that everyone's life was like a story with an ending that was not yet written, and therefore everyone's future held infinite possibilities."

Vampires and Jacks! Need I say more? Also, you are not prepared for the ending. I was warned. Still wasn't ready.😢💔


Defy the Night and Defend the Dawn by Brigid Kemmerer

Defy the Night, Books 1 & 2

YA Fantasy

"Mind your mettle, Tessa."

This series was recommended to me by an Instagram friend. When I told her I'd add it to my TBR, she DM'd me and said, "Move it to the top!" I agree 100%. Don't just add it to your TBR. Make it your next read!


The Complete Chi's Sweet Home, Part 2 by Kanata Konami

Children's Graphic Novel

I read this to get a library Winter Reading prize. I usually read a book of poetry or a graphic novel to squeeze in one last book (always a struggle). I brought home a pretty mint green mug and enjoyed a lovely cup of cocoa afterwards.


Be Healed by Bob Schuchts

Nonfiction

If you haven't heard of Dr. Bob, he and his friend, Jake Khym, are Catholic therapists with a podcast called Restore the Glory. As their website says, they believe in "an integrated approach to the healing journey." If you're like me and it takes you a while to get through nonfiction, I would suggest their "Anatomy of a Wound" series. It covers much of the material in Bob's book.


The Little Book of Scandi Living by Bronte Aurell

Nonfiction

This book was informative and fun!



What I've been listening to . . .

"Diamonds" || Rihanna


"Hope" || NF

Watch the video. It's amazing!


"Will You Fight" || Klergy feat. Beginners

I heard this on a rerun of MacGyver (2016-2021) the other day and just had to look it up.

It went on a writing playlist pretty quickly.



Blessings,

J

Comments

Popular Posts