Book Blurb!πŸŒΉπŸ”‘πŸ’™

With Champion's Key releasing soon, I thought it would be fun to share the blurb. I will hopefully have a release date for you all in the next month or so as I'm still waiting on my copyright. So, without further ado, here's the blurb for Key!πŸŒΉπŸ”‘πŸ’™


 Briar is liaison to the human kingdom of Esland, a role he stepped into after ending his secret relationship with his childhood friend, Esland’s heir. Briar is more than a little surprised when King Arden asks him to look after Rosalyn. Fulfilling his duties isn’t easy. Rosalyn can barely stand to be in the same room with him. One night Rosalyn is attacked, and Briar makes a shocking discovery. The princess isn’t human, something she’s completely unaware of.

Rosalyn doesn’t let others in, especially Briar, whose nearness stirs up things she’d rather forget. But when her father returns, poisoned and near death, chaos erupts. Rose finds herself on the run, dependent on Briar to keep her alive. And to mend what’s broken inside.

Rose settles into life among the elves as best she can. Briar can’t shake the feeling that something’s wrong, a worry that’s confirmed when she sneaks off to find her father’s murderer. The perpetrator is eviler than either of them can imagine, putting all the realms at risk. The only person who can defeat foundling is the fabled Champion. There’s only one problem. No one’s seen him in years. Who will save them when there’s no hero?



Reading . . .

Silver Bounty by Victoria McCombs
The Royal Rose Chronicles, Bk. 2
YA Fantasy

Spells for Forgetting by Adrienne Young
Mystery/Suspense/Fantasy



Enjoying . . .

In last month's blog, I mentioned that I've been watching hair-care videos on YouTube (Katherine Sewing). I've started implementing some of what I've learned, including using a homemade dry shampoo made from cornstarch and cocoa. The recipe I use is 2 TBS unsweetened cocoa and 2 TBS cornstarch. I section off my hair and apply it close to the scalp with a powder brush. Then I brush my hair with a boar-bristle brush to distribute the powder. You will need more or less cocoa depending on the shade of your hair.

This month I've been binge watching Abby Cox's YouTube videos. On Abby's channel you'll learn about fashion history and sewing. You'll be delighted by "experiment" episodes. They may involve a one-hundred-year-old plus recipe for rogue or hair gel. There are also unboxings of antique garments, where Abby oohs and aahs over gorgeous dresses.
Warning for sensitive viewers: Language.



Life . . .

For those of you who don't know, my husband has four grown children from a previous marriage. Being that he is several years older than me, is the baby of his family (I'm the oldest of mine), and had kids early, his third oldest child has recently made me a young grandmother!πŸ˜‚πŸ’™Little man was born on the first day of summer and is a sweet ray of sunshine. He's a tiny fellow with long arms and a scrunchy old man face when his sleep is being disturbed. It has been such a delight to watch Hubs' excitement over his new grandson (and of course to enjoy lots of baby snuggles!)



Blessings,

Comments

Popular Posts