Villains Be Like That๐Ÿ’€

Writing update . . .

A few years ago, I read a book that included the villain's POV. I had to wonder, what would that be like? I tried to imagine writing from the villain's perspective, and I wasn't sure it was something I would ever do. But this week, my villain was begging for his own chapter. So today, I gave him that. I sat down at my laptop and let him say what he needed to. When I finished, I checked my word count. I was 12 words short of 40,000. Twelve! I can practically hear the Shadow Master laughing, because that's so like him, the bug-kisser. Oh well, I'll get it tomorrow.



Reading . . .

Brooke by Ronie Kendig

The Metcalfes, Bk. 4

Christian Fiction

So don't dwell on it. Move on. Make better choices.

A thoroughly enjoyable conclusion to this series!


Ruthless Vows by Rebecca Ross

Letters of Enchantment, Bk. 2

YA Fantasy

Iris set the sword down on her desk. In the mellow lamplight, the blade almost looked like it belonged next to the typewriter.

I mean, call me crazy, but I think swords and typewriters should always go together.๐Ÿ˜‰


Practice Makes Perfect by Sarah Adams

When in Rome, Bk. 2

Contemporary Romance

*It seems to me, Annie, that you are just waiting for someone to give you permission to be yourself out loud.

*But the thing about quiet people is, we're only quiet because our brains are so busy overthinking everything.

Oh, this book! I don't read a lot of romance, partly because they can get sketchy in the romance department. However, this book feels like an ode to introverts. I adored how Will saw Annie for who she was and coaxed her out of the chrysalis she'd been living in, just like that butterfly tattoo on the back of his hand. Hashtag Team Wannie! Willannie? Willannie-bananie?๐Ÿ™ˆ

**Warning for sensitive readers: This book contains language & spice. I would like to note that while there are a number of spicy scenes, they aren't incredibly graphic. But use your own discretion.



Music . . .

"Skin and Bones" || David Kushner

I've been listening to this song on repeat. And the official video? *chef's kiss* It's total vibes, and I'm here for it.๐Ÿ’€



Enjoying . . .

All the cozy things. I've been re-watching a ton of Rachel Maksy videos, drinking copious amounts of hot chocolate, and ready cozy-ish books (specifically Vows and Practice Makes Perfect).



Blessings,

J

Comments

Popular Posts