Hello, spring!๐ŸŒท

 I don't know about you, but one thing I am really excited about is spring!

Let's be honest, I'm basically a flower. Give me some water and sunshine and I perk right up.๐Ÿ˜‰Here in north central Indiana, the weather is vacillating between unseasonably warm and then back to cold. Currently, it is just under forty degrees. Flowers have begun to bloom in our yard, and I just keep hoping that this cold snap doesn't do them in, especially the tulips. They're such delicate little things. I did go out on one of the warmer days and cut some grape hyacinth to bring inside. The flowers look like a bunch of tiny purple bubbles, and they make me so happy.



Reading . . .

Early Christian Writings (edited by Andrew Louth)

Nonfiction


Savage Bred by Victoria McCombs

The Royal Rose Chronicles, Bk. 3

YA Fantasy

I was surprised with how the story ended for each and every character in this series. Honestly, and quite shockingly, Landon's might be my favorite.


A Curse for True Love by Stephanie Garber

Once Upon a Broken Heart, Bk. 3

YA Fantasy

"You have no sense of self-preservation . . . You can't seem to stay away from all the things that will hurt you."

Like me.



Writing . . .

My word count for Champion's Sword as of yesterday was 55,048 words. My total word count goal is 75,000 words. This is pretty low for me, but I'm doing more plotting this time around. I have a rough outline for the ending, and I'm pretty pumped about that. For now, I'm working on getting my characters to that point, which means a lot of character development. One character in particular has a redemption story arc. Guys, I don't normally cry when I write, like ever. But a recent scene with this character and his love interest.๐Ÿ˜ญYa'll ain't ready for these two.๐Ÿ’™



Enjoying . . .

My new pruning saw!๐Ÿ™ˆAside from being happy about all the flowers popping up in my yard, I've been taking great joy in removing all the unwanted plants. Last year, I used pruning shears to cut into my beloved lilac bush to chop down a tree growing up the center of it. Unfortunately, it had gotten too thick to do more than shorten it, and my lilac bush ended up with an ugly hole where I'd tried to get to it. Well, no more! I have bested that evil tree along with another that my husband was worried was too close to our foundation. Haha! Rogue plants, beware!



Blessings,

J

Comments

Popular Posts