Corn Girl

Yesterday marked one month since the release of A Desperate Love.


Yay!
(I'm in love with the above photo. I didn't intend for it to be so dark. But it's okay. It makes it feel mysterious.)


(This one takes me back to middle school yearbook class. I loved when we did the black and white photos. I still have them!)


I know, I took a lot of photos. I'm so proud of my baby!


*


I made fall cookies last night! Yummy!


One of the drawbacks of living surrounded by corn is that it's occasionally hard to find things. For example, I visited four stores and found zero leaf shaped cookie cutters. Zero bottles of fall sprinkles.

What's a corn girl to do?

I made my own leaf stencil and cut them out of the dough one by one with a plastic knife . . . 
Some I made into circles. I'm not crazy.

Then I sprinkled them with either cinnamon or red sugar.

'Cause that's how I roll.


*


Currently, I am really close to finishing Kingdom of Ash and Briars by Hannah West.


Twenty-nine pages left. Ah!


After receiving an elicrin stone from The Water, Bristal trains under the tutelage of Brack and Tamarice, fellow elicromancers. Brack warns her to keep an eye out for anything dark that Tamarice may be playing around with.
Brack's worries aren't unwarranted. Bristal has barely begun her training when she must whisk a baby princess into hiding to protect her from a curse made by Tamarice herself.
As the princess grows, Bristal uses her Clandestine ability (she can transform into other people or animals) to influence the kingdoms. The goal? Unite the kingdoms, build an army, and prepare to defeat Tamarice when she returns.


I need to finish this! What happened to Anthony? I need the next book! Gah!!!


*


I will be guesting on my publisher's podcast, That's My Book, on Monday. You can find her podcast on the Mantle Rock website. For a direct link, go to my Facebook page (Thursday's post).


*


I am now on Goodreads! Feel free to give me a follow.




Love, J

Comments

Popular Posts