Post-it Organization & Trying New Things

 Well, I just spent the last hour and a half consolidating all my notes for Champion's Sword. And if that sounds like a long time, let me enlighten you. My desk often looks like a four-year-old got ahold of a pack of post-its and plastered them on every unclaimed spot on my desk. But not where my arms rest. That would be silly.๐Ÿ˜œ

I'm winding down to the end of this first draft and, ironically, winding up to the last battle scene. If I can squeeze out eight or nine more chapters, I should reach my goal.

Current word count: 62,678

Word count goal: 75,000



Reading . . .

When in Rome by Sarah Adams

When in Rome, Bk. 1

Romance

I never thought I'd be a romcom reader, but I genuinely love Sarah's books. They're sweet and funny and don't feel like a Hallmark movie. Thus far, while all of the ones that I've read have had spice, they've been closed or mostly closed-door, and those are hard to find!


The Bodyguard by Katherine Center

Romance


The Prisoner's Throne by Holly Black

The Stolen Heir Duology, Bk. 2

YA Fantasy


My Dear Cassandra: Selections from the Letters of Jane Austen selected and introduced by Penelope Hughes-Hallett

Nonfiction



Music . . .

"Call Your Mom" || Noah Kahan (with Lizzy McAlpine)

Apparently, Noah sings a genre known as folk-pop. Again, something I never thought I'd enjoy, but here we are.๐Ÿ˜‚



Enjoying . . .

Pilates. All right, I can't really say I'm enjoying it, but I wanted something a little more challenging, and it definitely is. It's been a while since I've done a workout that left my muscles sore afterward. Let me tell you, I did one of my regular yoga workouts after doing pilates yesterday, and I was feeling it. I'm still using the same instructor, Juliana of Boho Beautiful Yoga (her husband Mark is excellent as well!). You can find tons of playlists on their YouTube channel. Recently, I printed off their Pilates & Fitness playlist and the Feel-Good Yoga Flows playlist and have been alternating between the two.



Blessings,

J

Comments

Popular Posts