When Will Champion's Sword Release?⚔

 Quick writing update . . .

If you follow me on Facebook, Instagram, or X, you probably know that I have only 5,800 words left until I reach my word count goal. Should I keep on track and maintain my weekly word count, I will finish my manuscript in roughly three weeks. So, what does this mean? As with any book, step two is content edits. I've tried to plot and outline more for this book than any other I've written. Hopefully, this will mean revisions will go quickly. After that I'll do line edits (grammar, spelling, etc.). Lastly is formatting, cover design, and all the other things that make a book something beautiful that you can hold in your hands. As always, I'll keep you all posted. I can't wait for Champion's Sword, the second and final book in the Champion of Realms duology, to be out in the world!⚔🌳



Reading . . .

Quick note since I have an unusual number of books this month--actually, I could've added one more that I finished last night.😕Two of the books are by Sarah Adams. It only takes me 4-5 days to finish them. Another book is an audiobook. I listen to these while cooking. I can get through an audiobook in about a week, and I'm usually reading a physical book in the evening, so I'm doubling up, as it were.


The Off Limits Rule by Sarah Adams

Romance


How to Walk Away by Katherine Center

Romance/Fiction

*Warning for sensitive readers: This book has a slightly heavy feel. There's also a fair amount of medical things as well as a plane crash. If you're squeamish, you might want to skip this one.


A Cross-Country Christmas by Courtney Walsh

Romance

I loved this one! Excuse me while I go sit in the corner and eat cake and cry about ponies.😭🐎


Adult Children of Emotionally Immature Parents by Lindsay C. Gibson

Nonfiction

e-audiobook

Being a member of a family doesn't give anyone free rein to treat people like cr*p (paraphrase).

While this book wasn't exactly what I thought it would be, I found it insightful and possibly a good resource for dealing with anyone who you might find difficult or challenging. If you enjoy psychology books, this one is worth a listen.


The Enemy by Sarah Adams

Romance

I feel like someone has injected something warm and gooey into my heart of stone.

I think this quote pretty much sums up how I feel about Sarah's books.💗



Music . . .

Both of these songs pair well with Sarah Adams' books. Just sayin'.😉


"Closer" || The Chainsmokers (ft. Halsey)


"Delicate" || Taylor Swift

I suggest watching the official video on YouTube. It's a lot of fun!



Life . . .

I really wanted to purchase a raised bed this year. But it wasn't in my budget to buy one and all the dirt in would take to fill it. It was disappointing. I considered not doing a garden at all since my last few haven't produced much. But the free seeds at the library and More Than Farmers convinced me otherwise. If you haven't watched their YouTube channel, Codi and Michelle often say to do what's best for you and to work with what you have. So, I decided to do a garden with some of my husband's favorites instead of my usual handful of tomato plants. I planted cucumbers, which I haven't done for a while. I also chose to plant radishes, which I've never planted. The radish packet said they were good for children to plant, so I'm hopeful I won't have any problems with them.😂



Let me know on social media if you're doing a garden this year (any tips, please & thank you!), what you're reading, and book suggestions for a girl who currently has a strangely insatiable appetite for rom coms! I mean, who am I?🙈I'd also take fantasy recs. Just keep them light and swoony, please.😜


Blessings,

J 🤍

Comments

Popular Posts